Posted by Ernest on Monday, August 10, 2009 at 6:22pm.
Jem and Scout's respect for their father is greatly increased when he:
a. Collects a large fee from a client.
b. Argues with Mrs. Dubose.
c. Shoots a mad dog.
d. Stops a burglar.
Atticus receives payment from Mr. Cunningham as:
a. Hickory nuts and stove wood.
b. Two bales of cotton.
c. One dollar and a bushel of corn.
d. Chores around their property.
At the conclusion of the novel, what has happened to Tom Robinson?
a. He’s in the county jail.
b. He has been acquitted.
c. He is awaiting an appeal.
d. He is shot trying to escape.
During the trial Mayella Ewell testifies she asked Tom onto the Ewell property to help her:
a. Break up an old dresser.
b. Watch her seven siblings.
c. Cut down a tree.
d. Look at a broken tractor.
In their second summer together, Scout, Jem, and Dill decide to make Boo Radley come out by:
a. Placing a note on his windowsill with a fishing pole.
b. Daring one another to touch his front door.
c. Leaving a note in the tree.
d. Peeking into the Radley back yard.
Who does Scout recognize during the encounter with the mob outside of the jail?
a. Tom Robinson
b. Mr. Underwood
c. Mr. Gilmer
d. Mr. Cunningham
The person who saves Jem from Mr. Ewell is:
a. Mr. Cunningham.
b. Sheriff Heck Tate.
c. Boo Radley.
d. Atticus Finch.
Who covers Scout with a blanket outside Miss Maudie's burning house?
a. Boo Radley
c. Dolphus Raymond
What strikes Scout after the classroom discussion on Adolph Hitler and his treatment of the Jews?
a. The hypocrisy of Maycomb’s residents.
b. The futility of war.
c. The leadership qualities of Hitler.
d. The evil in man.
Dill started crying in the courtroom because the crowds and the heat were suffocating him.
True or False
Mrs. Dubose punishes Jem because he:
a. Takes her glasses.
b. Steals her books.
c. Eats her cake.
d. Destroys her camellias.
Whose nickname was Ol’ One-Shot when he was a boy?
a. Arthur ‘Boo’ Radley
b. Atticus Finch
c. Judge Taylor
d. Mr. Underwood
Match the characters with their dialogues in Harper Lee’s novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.
Miss Maudie Atkinson
A) If your father’s anything, he’s civilized in his heart.
B) There’s nothing more sickening to me than a low
C) Well I’m gonna be a new kind of clown. I’m gonna stand in the middle of the ring and laugh at the folks.
D) Let the dead bury the dead
Answer this Question
- Grammar - Is the following senetence considered an run-on one? Should I revise ...
- English - I am working on questions from the book "To Kill a Mockingbird" and i ...
- Language Arts - I'm researching the book To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. I...
- English - I've been trying to find answers to there for a long time but I can't...
- English: To Kill a Mockingbird - In the book To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee...
- English - Is this a good thesis statement for an essay? If not, how should it be...
- homework help - chapters 10-11 1. what brqve things does atticus do in chapter ...
- English - In the book To Kill A Mockingbird, What is the most important life ...
- English - In Ch.5 of To Kill a Mockingbird:When Miss Maudie baked a cake, what ...
- Literature - American literature homework question: To Kill a Mockingbird? Can ...