Posted by preston jones on Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 6:04pm.
I need help finding constraints to put this on the graph. the objective function is c=16x+25y.
Problem: Your club plans to raisse money by selling two sizes of fruit baskets. The plan is to buy small baskets for $10 and sell them for $16, and to buy large baskets for $15 and sell them for $25. The club president estimates that you will not sell more than 100 baskets. Your club can afford up to $1200 to buy baskets. Find the number of small and large baskets you should buy in order to maximize profit.
This is a Linear Programming Problem
acc math 2 high school - bobpursley, Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 6:21pm
Plot small baskets on vertical axis, large on the horizontal axis.
Constraints: x, nor y can be less than zero. x+y=100.
and finally, 10y + 15x<=1200
So, plot the lines y=-x + 100, then y=120-1/5x
Now test the corners for profit. Remember Profit is income-costs. At one of the corners, you will get max profit.
acc math 2 high school - Marth, Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 6:24pm
let x = number of small baskets
let y = number of large baskets
There are two constraints given:
"The club president estimates that you will not sell more than 100 baskets."
The total number of baskets <= 100: so x + y <= 100
"Your club can afford up to $1200 to buy baskets."
10x + 15y <= 1200, because the cost of buying one small basket is $10, and the cost of buying one large basket is $25
Note that profit is p= (16-10)x + (25-15)y because you have to buy the baskets.
acc math Ripley Elementary School - AVA, Monday, December 14, 2009 at 5:00pm
and estimate by rounding to the largest place:4587
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - Graph the system of constraints and find the value of x and y that ...
- PLEASE HELP... ALGEBRA.... LINEAR PROGRAMMING - HELP ME WITH THESE 2 PROBLEMS ...
- math - An objective function and a system of linear inequalities representing ...
- Objective functon - An objective function and a system of linear inequalities ...
- Algebra 2 - 1. By graphing the system of constraints, find the values of x and y...
- algebra - Find the minimum and maximum values of the objective function subject ...
- Math - Find the minimum value of C = 4x - 3y using the following constraints. ...
- Math - Your computer-supply store sells two types of inkjet printers. The first...
- Math :( - If I'm making fruit baskets that contains 6 bananas 4 oranges and 5 ...
- Math - What point maximizes the objective function P = 4x + 3y for the ...