Posted by Ami on Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 7:20pm.
Leaving class today, you decide to start an economics tutoring business. Your first step is to get the two categories of capital. Next you need to obtain the other factors of production. Specifically, what do you need in terms of land, labor, and capital.
My Ans: Physical capital could be the building where the tutoring class takes place. Human capital would be the knowledge I gain by studying in the classroom.
I don't get what I should write in terms of land and labor??? Please help!!!
A.P. Economics (Please check if I'm right) - economyst, Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 7:50pm
Human capital is what tutoring business offers to produce; it is the product being sold.
When I hear "capital" I generally think of two types: physical and financial. Physical capital are the physical items needed. You mentioned the building. Other items include furniture including desks for students to sit, computers to do the analyses, etc. In general, any man-made item you could touch.
Financial capital is generally cash or a line of credit. This is needed to pay the myriad of startup and operating expenses.
Labor is the people you need to hire to run the business. Be sure to include the work provided by you, the owner. (Sometimes, hiring labor, especially specialized people such as teachers could be described as obtaining human capital.)
Land is a generic term for any kind of natural resource. Probably not much in the tutoring business. Perhaps a playground or an apple tree for stundents to sit under and ponder the meanings of life.
I hope this helps.
A.P. Economics (Please check if I'm right) - Ami, Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 10:15pm
thank you so much...it really did help!!!
A.P. Economics (Please check if I'm right) - jmar, Friday, February 3, 2012 at 9:44am
wow really shocked at this ?tion is right out the book hmmm not alone listen to T.I no mercey all she wrote
A.P. Economics (Please check if I'm right) - jmar, Friday, February 3, 2012 at 9:45am
lol john marshall fb follow hahah
A.P. Economics (Please check if I'm right) - jmar, Friday, February 3, 2012 at 9:46am
naw but i need a tutor while i listen to T.I bigger picture
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Economics - PLEASE HELP - Homework Help: Economics PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS! 1. ...
- AP Economics - Identify land, labor and capital as the three factors of ...
- to mrs. sue: essay cont. - I wrote two of my paragraphs yesterday about how ...
- U.S. Gov. & Economics - Which correctly lists the three factors of production in...
- economics - What are the principals of economics and where could I find 3 ...
- Economics - PLEASE CHECK ANSWERS - 1. The main advantage to a corporation is.. A...
- Economics - Capital- What are ten items you need to require for the production ...
- Economics Help pls - Suppose you are given the following production function: , ...
- 11th grade economics - Since capital are means of production e.g. machinery, how...
- Economics - What factors of production (natural resources, human resources, and ...