Posted by Lena on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 9:36pm.
How do you write redox reactions. I was given this equation below:
2Mg + O2 --> 2MgO
I have to write the redox reaction
Chem - DrBob222, Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 12:08am
Do you want the two half equations; one for the oxidation and the other for the reduction?
Mg ==> Mg^+2 + 2e
O2 + 4e ==> 2O^-2
Chem - Lena, Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 12:35am
if I add them together they become the redox reaction?
Chem - Dr Russ, Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 3:57am
I think DrBob is right here they are after the two half reactions. It is already a redox reaction.
Chem - Lena, Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 8:26am
My teacher adds the 2 half reactions. What is that called?
Chem - DrBob222, Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 10:44am
In my opinion it is called the equation or chemical equation. It just happens to be a redox equation
Chem - Lena, Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 1:55pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Separate this redox reaction into its component half-reactions. O2...
- science - determine if each equation represent a redox reaction.if it is a redox...
- chemistry-balanced redox equations - Use the following steps to balance the ...
- Chem I - Ok one more! Write the balanced equations and assign oxidation numbers ...
- General Chemistry - Balance the following redox reaction in acidic and basic ...
- chemistry - Using the half-reaction method, balance the redox reaction below. ...
- chemestry please check my anwer. - 1.How do acid-base reactions differ from ...
- Chemistry - The reaction between 0.045 g of calcium with an excess of water was ...
- Chemistry - CONSIDER THE FOLLLOWING UNBALANCED REDOX EQUATION: IO3^-(AQ) + Al(S...
- Chemistry - Please help me verify: The following reactions are involved in the ...