Posted by Help!!!! on Monday, July 27, 2009 at 4:35am.
Can some tell me if these are the right answers
This group is the same as a subordinate group. A defining feature of this group is that its members have less control or power over their lives than do members of dominant group. Answer: Minority group
This describes the social structure between competing groups as defined by conflict or tension. An example would be the conflict that occurs between Haitians and United States citizens when Haitian refugees seek a new home in the United States.
Answer: Conflict perspective
This is a group with distinct national origins or cultural patterns. For example, Norwegian Americans belong to this type of group.
Answer: Ethic Group
Women are considered the social minority in the United States because they belong to this group, and are sometimes subject to prejudice and discrimination.
Answer: Gender Group
This is the study of social behavior. A professional in this field may study intergroup relations between African Americans and Asian Americans, for example.
This occurs when a person both believes and feels that his or her own racial group is superior to another racial group.
The most common definition of this term is a social ranking by social wealth. An example would be a family whose income level categorizes them below the poverty line, versus a family whose income level categorizes them far above the poverty line.
This is when an oppressor uses race to determine who is and is not privileged. These determinations are made by assigning characteristics to races and dividing them into groups. At minimum, characteristics include physical or cultural traits.
Answer: Social Construction of Race
This is a broad generalization about groups which does not account for individual differences. An example would be if a person were to generalize that all people from New York City are pushy.
Among many others, Chinese Americans, African American, Native Americans and Caucasians are examples of this group. Members of such a group can be identified by obvious physical differences.
Answer: Racial group
This occurs when a dominant group forces a minority group to live, work, or socialize separately. The high index of Blacks and Whites living separately in Detroit, Michigan is an example.Answer: Segregation
Another way of describing a minority group, this type of group comprises people of certain race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability. Members of such a group exhibit five distinct characteristics.
Answer: Subordinate group
This occurs when a person, or the group to which that person belongs, assumes the characteristics of a dominant group. An example would be a Native American choosing to abandon his or her cultural norms in favor of United States norms.
This group is associated with a faith other than that of the dominant group. For example, individuals who practice Buddhism in the United States belong to this type of group.
Answer: Religious minority group
This perspective maintains that groups in society may express their cultures without facing prejudice or hostility. In part, it can be seen in some of the larger United States cities.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - the group of the same as subordinate group.A defining feature ...
- definition- please revise - Key Terms: Stereotype, Gender group, Pluralism, ...
- cultural diversity - can you please tell me if I am right for the following (the...
- John Jay - Where can I find the correct meaning of the following terms: ...
- health - Match race and ethnicity key terms with their correct descriptions: 1. ...
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - PLEASE REVISE. THAN YOU This group is the same as a ...
- Info. needed please - Ms. Sue, I have to do a journal entry of a subordinate ...
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - I need help in revising this than you. I basically didn't ...
- Journal - How do I begin a Journal for a homework assignment on Subordinate ...
- psychology - In an experiment, a control group is different from an experimental...