Posted by Math on Friday, July 24, 2009 at 1:25am.
A bank offers a rate of 5.3% compounded semi-annually on its four year GICs(Guaranteed Investment Certificates). What monthly and annually compounded rates should it quote in order to have the same effective interest rate at all three nominal rates?
Compound Interest - Reiny, Friday, July 24, 2009 at 9:40am
for the rate compounded monthly equivalent to a rate of 5.3% compounded semi-annually :
let the monthly rate be i
(1+i)^12 = (1 + .053/2)^2 , take √
(1+i)^6 = 1.0265 , now take the 6th root
1+i = 1.004368675
so i = .004368675
so the annual rate is 12(.004368675)
So 5.2424% compounded monthly is equal to 5.3% compounded semi-annually
for the annual rate,
let the annual rate be j
(1+j) = (1 + .053/2)2
1+j = 1.053702
j = .053702 ---> an annual rate of 5.3702%
Compound Interest - D.Ros, Monday, May 14, 2012 at 9:23pm
if grandpa payed an insurance policy weekly payments of $1.02 at 3 and 1/2 percent interest compounded annually for 49 years(588 months) how much would it payout after his death to granddaughter? Based on Commissions 1961 Standard Industrial Mortality Table.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- compounded interest - A bank offers a rate of 5.3% compounded semi-annually on ...
- math & finance - A bank offers a rate of 5.3% compounded semi-annually on its ...
- Math! - A credit Union pays 8.25% comppunded annually on 5-year compound-...
- Math - How to calculate this? 4 year term investment. The investment offers a ...
- Compound Interest - Swan Furnace Cleaners wants to add 0.50% to the effective ...
- Financial Math - An investment of $2500 accumulates at 6% p.a compounded semi ...
- Compound interest - Hello My teacher skipped over this and I have no clue how to...
- College Algebra - bank a is lending money at 5.7% interest compounded annually. ...
- PRE-CALCULUS - Find the accumulated value of a $5000 investment which is ...
- Math - Compound - If a bank offers interest at a nominal rate of 6%, how much ...