Posted by m on Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 7:18am.
can you answer this question in a different and more logical way than this method below:
we will examine the sum of cubes of two numbers, A aand B. Without losing generality, we will further assume that
X is not divisible by 2
n is a positive integer and
k is a non-negative integer.
=2n(X + 2kY) 22n(X2 - 2kXY + 22kY²)
=23n(X + 2kY) (X² - 2kXY + 22kY²)
Thus A3+B3 has a factor 23n, but not 23n+1 since X is not divisible by 2.
Since 103n+1 requires a factor of 23n+1, we conclude that it is not possible that
The question is prove that a number 10^(3n+1), where n is a positive integer, cannot be represented as the sum of two cubes of positive integers.
Thanks> please explain in full steps and in the most logical order
Thanks once again
- math - MathMate, Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 8:09am
The proof does look clumsy. It is however a little easier to follow if the exponents are displayed correctly. See the original version here:
- math - Jon Zhang, Monday, August 17, 2009 at 5:57am
Dude, it's going to be due in like three days. Do it yourself.
- math - Sean, Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 6:41am
it's due in two days, lol
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- maths - can you answer this question: prove that a number 10^(3n+1), where n is ...
- math - Two standard numbers cubes are thrown. Given that one of the cubes shows ...
- Math - I have to find the relationship between these sequences, and express a ...
- Simple Math - Two eight-sided number cubes are thrown. Given that one of the ...
- Simple math - Two standard number cubes are thrown. Given that one of the cubes ...
- math - Consider an equilateral triangle with points located at each vertex and ...
- Math - What do the digits in the number 15 add up to? Answer 1+5=___. Using ...
- Math plz fast i really need it - Archie rolls two number cubes each with sides ...
- Math - Clara measured the diameter of the circle. How many centimeters is the ...
- Pre-Calculus - If the sum of two numbers is 1 and the sum of the cubes of the ...