Posted by question on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 11:25pm.
Posted by question on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 4:56pm.
5/8x + 1/16x=7/16+=
the solution is x=___
math - Mr. L, Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 7:23pm
5/8x is the same as 10/16x
That should help
my final answer would be
7/27 do i have it right
math - MathMate, Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 12:23am
As Mr. L pointed out, you have to add the two terms on the left-hand side (LHS):
5/8x + 1/16x=7/16
(10/16)x + (1/16)x = 7/16
10x + x = 7
11x = 7
I will leave it to you to complete the calculations.
math - check answer, Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 7:52am
so my answer would be
-4 because you 11x=7-11=-4
math - MathMate, Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 8:12am
If we start from
we divide each side by 11 to get
(11/11)x = 7/11
So x=7/11 would be the correct answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Posted by connie on Monday, July 20, 2009 at 11:56pm. Find the indicated ...
- Algebra - There are two solutions to | 16x - 5 | = 3. The greatest solution is ...
- sociology - Which of three theoretical perspectives best explains the fact that ...
- English - Posted by John on Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 5:24pm. 1. I can swim ...
- Math - On July 15,2009, the Nixon Car Company purchased 1,000 tires from the ...
- algebra - Solve the system by addition or substitution. 16x-4y=20 y=4x-4 I ask ...
- English - Posted by John on Wednesday, July 2, 2008 at 4:36pm. 9. Four Seasons ...
- math - A company purchased a truck for $50,000 on July 1, 2009. The truck has an...
- math - I posted this question yesterday and I got a response that is correct but...
- math - The question is (2x+1)^2-2(2x^2-1) in simplest form Is this correct? [(2x...