Posted by Soojung on Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:22pm.
1. net ionic equation for the reaction between silver nitrate and the arsenate ion
3Ag (+) + AsO4 ---> Ag3AsO4
2. net ionic equation for the precipitation of copper hexacyanoferrate (II).
2Cu (2+) + [Fe(CN)6] ---> Cu2 [Fe(CN6)]
Can someone please check and see if I did these correctly. If not, can you please example how/ what I am doing wrong.
- Chemistry - GK, Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:41pm
The total electrical charge on the left side of a chemical equation must be equal to the total electrical charge on the right side. That is not the case on either chemical equation as you typed it.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:53pm
The Ag3AsO4 equation is ok if we assume the ---(which looks like an arrow with the >) is actually the charge on the arsenate ion. You can write AsO4^3- and that way we don't confuse it with the arrow.
3Ag^+1 + AsO4^3- ==> Ag3AsO4(s)
- Chemistry - Soojung, Monday, July 20, 2009 at 10:02pm
Oh sorry I forgot to write the charges.
For then for the second one,
it is supposedly look like this?
2Cu (2+) + [Fe(CN)6]^(4-) ==> Cu2 [Fe(CN6)]
would that make this ionic equation correct?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, July 20, 2009 at 10:07pm
That looks ok to me.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- CHEMISTRY (HELP) - Which of the following is true about the reaction between ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following is true about the reaction between sodium ...
- chemistry-net ionic equations - Whats the net ionic equation for the ...
- college chem - Two questions where I have to write a balanced net ionic equation...
- Chemistry - I am having a bit of difficulty getting the net equation and the net...
- Chemistry - For a reaction between sodium phosphate and strontium nitrate write ...
- CHEMISTRY.. - 1. Will a precipitate form if solutions of potassium sulfate and ...
- Chemistry - Consider the reaction in aqueous solution: 6 HCl + 2 KMnO4 + 5 H2O2...
- AP Chemistry - Write the balanced molecular, complete ionic, and net ionic ...
- Chemistry - Net Ionic Equation for reaction between bromide and silver nitrate