Posted by B.B. on Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 5:49pm.
Write the negation of the following: A snowy day is cold. My answer is: A snowy day is not snowy. Is my answer correct?
- Math - Damon, Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 6:45pm
A snowy day is not cold?
- Math - B.B., Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 7:36pm
I meant to say A cold day is not snowy is my answer.
- Math - B.B., Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 11:47pm
Is this correct?
- Math - MathMate, Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:01am
You have not specified whether the given statement is a sentence, the negation of which was provided by Damon. If it is a proposition, which would have been stated as follows:
If it snows, then it is cold.
The negation of the above proposition would be:
If it is not cold, it is not snowing.
- Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 4:50am
A snowy day is cold.
Well, if it is in logic form then
Hypothesis: If snowy, then cold.
Converse: If cold, then snowy. (maybe)
Inverse: If not snowy, then not cold. (maybe)
Contrapositive: If not cold, then not snowy. (true if hypothesis is true)
Answer this Question
- Math - Write the negation of the following: A snowy day is cold.
- LA Check please - which is the best paraphrase of these lines from "January"? ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Why doesn't all of Alaska have cold, snowy winters? My ...
- physical science - what happens to a helium balloon if you take it from a warm ...
- Stats - I have a test on this tomorrow and I swear he didn't teach this and the ...
- environmental science - Concord, New Hampshire has cold snowy winters (average ...
- physics - It's a snowy day and you're pulling a friend along a level road on a ...
- Poetry - Which of the following poems is an English sonnet a)The Red Wheelbarrow...
- Literature - Contrasting "The Road Not Taken" and "Stoppinb by Woods on a Snowy ...
- physics - Wayne exerts a force of 70 . 9 N to pull a 409 N sled along a snowy ...