Posted by Tyler on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 11:10pm.
Eleven people, 7 men and 4 women, successfully completed their study at the School of Astronautics. A team of 6 people needs to be selected from them for the next intergalactic travel. In how many ways can 6 astronauts be selected, if at least 2 women and 3 men must be in the team？
- Maths - Reiny, Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 8:44am
For at least 2 women and 3 men, the only cases would be
2W,4M = C(4,2) x C(7,4) = 6x35 = 210 , or
3W,3M = C(4,3) x C(7,3) = 4x35 = 140
for a total of 350 ways
(all possible ways would be
4W 2M )
- Maths - PAtrick, Monday, September 28, 2015 at 7:07am
Worked out combination of women and men
Either 3 women and 3 men or 4 men and 2 women
Then comination for the 2 Women was n = 4 no. of combos was 6 and r = 2 and for the 3 women n = 4 and r = 3 no. of combos was 4
Follow the formula n!/(n-r)! x (r!)
Same process for men. In each instance 35 combinations for Men.
Then times combination for each set which was (6 x 35) + (4 x 35) = 350
350 combinations for the team
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - Eleven people, 7 men and 4 women, successfully completed their study at ...
- gr12 math - froma group of 6 ladies and 4 men, determine in how many ways a ...
- math - from a group of women and 4 men, determine in how many ways a committee ...
- Math - I'm really struggling with how to set this up: A company has 18 members ...
- math - You are forming 3 teams from 25 people. Team A has 8 Team B has 3 Team C ...
- statistics - To find out what people think, the Gallup Poll selected a random ...
- Algebra - There are 15 people to choose from for a nine-person batting order in ...
- math word problem - There are 10 women and 8 men in a club. How many different ...
- math - a committee of 5 people is to be selected from a group of 6 men and 9 ...
- maths - 95. Suppose that 387 people will travel on a space shuttle with room for...