Posted by Aleah on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 6:32pm.
Allen was earning $30,000 working for a small business. The business had a bad year, and Allen was asked to take a 10% cut in pay with the assurance that he would receive a 10% increase in salary the following year. If Allen agreed, what would be his salary in 2 years?
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 6:49pm
OK. Aleah and all of your aliases -- it's your turn now. How do you think you should solve this problem?
Please post what you think -- and we'll be glad to check it.
math - Aleah, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 6:56pm
In two years, his salary will be $36,000.
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:00pm
That's a good try.
However, you need to use his reduced salary as a base.
27,000 * 1.1 = 29,700 the first year
29,700 * 1.1 = 32,670
math - Aleah, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:07pm
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:22pm
math - Maria, Monday, March 7, 2016 at 10:46am
$9 per hour, but now she makes 150% of that amount.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 156 - Allen was earning $30,000 working for a small business. The business ...
- Mathematics - Mr.Allen has a wife and 3 kids.His monthly salary during the year ...
- Economics - Professor Martin is considering leaving the university and opening a...
- math - Sabrina’s boss state that she will increase Sabrina’s salary from $12,000...
- Math - I. Memorandum D. Explain the tax effect based on providing $180,000 per ...
- Algebra Word promblems - Alba Tross had an annual salary of $50,000. She ...
- Economics; The Cost of Production - Please check my answers if they are correct...
- Economics - Suppose you earned $50,000 last year, and inflation is at 5%. You ...
- maths - mr allen has a wife and 3 kids,his salary for 2007 was 7500 per month He...
- Finance - I. Memorandum D. Explain the tax effect based on providing $180,000 ...