Posted by Aleah on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 6:32pm.
Allen was earning $30,000 working for a small business. The business had a bad year, and Allen was asked to take a 10% cut in pay with the assurance that he would receive a 10% increase in salary the following year. If Allen agreed, what would be his salary in 2 years?
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 6:49pm
OK. Aleah and all of your aliases -- it's your turn now. How do you think you should solve this problem?
Please post what you think -- and we'll be glad to check it.
- math - Aleah, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 6:56pm
In two years, his salary will be $36,000.
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:00pm
That's a good try.
However, you need to use his reduced salary as a base.
27,000 * 1.1 = 29,700 the first year
29,700 * 1.1 = 32,670
- math - Aleah, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:07pm
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:22pm
- math - Maria , Monday, March 7, 2016 at 10:46am
$9 per hour, but now she makes 150% of that amount.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 156 - Allen was earning $30,000 working for a small business. The business ...
- Economics - Professor Martin is considering leaving the university and opening a...
- Stats - Allen's hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin) has been studied by zoologist ...
- Mathematics - Mr.Allen has a wife and 3 kids.His monthly salary during the year ...
- Quantitative methods - Allen must decide whether to invest $10,000 in the stock ...
- accounting 2 - allen company sells flags with team logos. Allen has fixed costs ...
- Physics - Jake has a mass of 88.0 kg and is zooming along in a 110.0-kg bumper ...
- Economics; The Cost of Production - Please check my answers if they are correct...
- Math - A small business decides to lower the salaries of its employers by $8,250...
- economics - Suppose a persona quits a job paying $40,000 per year and starts a ...