Posted by bindiya farswani on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 3:30pm.
When Cassius asks Pindarus to report what he sees, Pindarus states that Titinius has been captured. Why is this event an example of irony?
a)At this point the audience knows that Titinius has not been captured.
b)Cassius says he cannot see well, but the strong-sighted Pindarus misinterprets what he sees.
c)Pindarus lies so that Cassius will kill himself and so leave Pindarus a free man.
d)Antony's troops are not capturing Titinius, but are cheering for him.
english - GuruBlue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 4:39pm
The easy definition of "irony" is "things are different that what you are lead to believe".
So which of those would then apply.
english - bindiya farswani, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 5:27pm
so the ans is a)At this point the audience knows that Titinius has not been captured. ???
english - GuruBlue, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:29pm
english - bindiya farswani, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 8:23pm
alright! thanx for the help! can i ask juss one more question please?!
english - bindiya farswani, Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 8:26pm
In "Antigone," Haemon has a difficult relationship with his father. Explain how he relates to his father for the following: What he wants from his father at first and how his feelings toward his father change during the play?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english 4 - When Cassius asks Pindarus to report what he sees, Pindarus states ...
- English 2 - 1. Which is an example of verbal irony as spoken by Antigone? a. "...
- English - Antigone & Caesar - Please check these answers: 2) Creon declares that...
- english - Judging by the behavior of Cassius and Brutus in Act IV, what ...
- English - Why is Brutus participation essential to Cassius? In what essential ...
- english - can someone help me with grammar: Notice, the professor told the class...
- English - Write a paragraph in which you compare and contrast the motivations of...
- english - here can be some parallels made between the way politicians today ...
- english - Can you explain why the quotation mark was in putted on this sentence...
- language - much ado bout nothing(de book) de question is why do brutus and ...