Posted by y912f on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 6:09pm.
second writing assignment :)
this time i wrote the whole thing, please check it for me:
Pick a grocery store, and take notes on how the store is set up, and what factors you see affecting common food selections by the public.
There are many factors that I see affecting the common food selection by the public. To me, stores like Sam’s Club, BJ’s, and Costco are the most popular grocery stores for the common public. I have noticed that it is at stores like these where there are so many people, that most of the time you will not find a place to park. Whether it is a weekday or a weekend, these stores are always packed. There are many reasons why this is true.
One factor why these stores attract so much public is because they sell their products in a bigger package. For example, if you are buying a small bag of flour for about 2 dollars at a regular grocer store, you can buy a three times bigger bag at one of these stores for less than double the price. So you really are paying less and getting more. I think this is one of the major reasons why people shop at these stores.
Another reason why people come to these stores more than others is because they have their own memberships for gas. Usually gas is cheaper if you have a Sam’s Club membership than if you go to a nearby Shell or any other gas station. So when most people come here to buy gas, they also do their grocery for the week so they don’t have to worry about going to a local grocery store where prices will be higher.
My last reason for my claim is that in stores like Costco there is always a day or two where there are people giving out free samples to different products. Usually on the weekends, these stores offer free samples to foods like, frozen pizza samples, a new type of cracker, trail mix, vitamin drinks etc. These are the type of things that people go and try because they have nothing to lose. And the truth is that once most people take a bite to a sample, they want to purchase that product. This is a great way of attracting more people to these stores.
nutrition and wellness - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 6:18pm
Your essay is good, but it doesn't answer one of the questions posed by the prompt.
take notes on how the store is set up, and what factors you see affecting common food selections by the public.
Although you discussed the cost advantages of these stores and the free samples, you didn't tell how the store is set up.
For instance, the grocery stores that I frequent have milk, eggs, and dairy products at the back. That's because most people buy these every shopping trip. But in order to get there, they have to pass through the rest of the store.
What kinds of foods are frequently at the front of the store? In my stores, it's often flowers, candy, snacks, and other impulse items.
Now, consider how one of the stores you mentioned is set up and how it may affect the choices shoppers make.
nutrition and wellness - y912f, Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 6:20pm
yes you're right, i forgot that part
thanks i will add it
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - What sets off the main conflict in A and P. Answers are Three girls in...
- health - These could include a wellness center, a health food store, a grocery ...
- English - What sets off the main conflict in A&P Answers are Three girls in a ...
- Early Childhood Ed. - When children play-act and make change in an imaginary ...
- algebra - Mike works part-time at a grocery store. He also mows lawns to earn ...
- nutrition and wellness - i have to write a research paper on a topic concerning ...
- math Help!!!!!! - If Nicholas is located at (-3,2), what is the distance to get ...
- Math - If Nicholas is located at (-3,2) what is the distance to get to the ...
- math - at a local grocery store, the bananas they receive are transported ...
- English - Combine these two simple sentences into one simple sentence with a ...