Posted by Jack on Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 2:59am.
I just need help on this passage...
To be a King, and wear a Crown, is a thing more glorious to them that see it, than it is pleasant to them that bear it: for my self, I never was so much enticed with the glorious name of a King, or the royal authority of a Queen, as delighted that God hath made me His Instrument to maintain his Truth and Glory, and to defend his Kingdom from dishonor, damage, tyranny, and oppression.
1. The point of Elizabeth¡¯s statement that to wear a crown "is a thing more glorious to them that see it, than it is pleasant to them that bear it" is to
a. emphasize the burdensome responsibilities of her position.
b. assert that she is fulfilled and happy in ruling her people.
c. suggest that it is difficult to look upon power without being dazzled.
d. reveal the foreknowledge she has of the treachery and betrayal.
e. refute the charges of those who think she is weak.
2. By using the word "Instrument" (part 1), Elizabeth specifically emphasizes
a. her obedience to God's will.
b. her political power as the monarch.
c. her resolve to discharge her duties in a regal manner.
d. her ambition to surpass the achievements of her predecessors.
e. the equality of men and women in God's eyes.
3.) In part 1, Elizabeth contrasts what she sees as the source of true delight with
a. religious devotion.
b. exalted earthly power.
c. the evils that can befall a kingdom.
d. her own weakness of character.
e. her political and diplomatic skills.
- english - bobpursley, Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 7:53am
And your thinking is..?
Elizabeth was not afraid to act decisively,there were many who plotted against her, as they thought she was not truly the rightful heir to the crown. The times were ripe with religious fears, religious wars, and religious plots.
- english - Jack, Friday, April 6, 2012 at 1:47pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - For the Richard Cory poem: 1) What is the denotation of "crown" in ...
- physics - According to legend, to determine whether the king's crown was made of...
- English - Do you want to lose weight? Just wear FatSox. These special socks will...
- English - 1. I need a dress to wear at the party. 2. I need a dress to wear to ...
- Physics - Archimedes purportedly used his principle to verify that the king's ...
- maori english - thank you for all help so far.i just need one more thing.can't ...
- English - What character traits can be made out of this? "He was a gentlemen ...
- please!!! i really need help!!! - English - in "the king is dead, long live the ...
- english - Please check grammer correctint comma splice sentences and need to use...
- physics - Achimedes is said to have curried favor with a king by determinning ...