Posted by Physics on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:20pm.
Ok I asked this question before
A lbock is given an intial speed of 4.0 s^-1 m up the 22 degree plane
How far up the plane will it go
ok I got this to be something like 2.2 about i understand this
i need help on this
how much time elapses before it returns to tis starting point? Ignore friction.
ok I need to know what formula to use to rearange for time
i thought it was this
x = 2^-1 a t^2 + Vo t + Xo
if i'm right then i guess I do not know how to rearange this for time because ther's a t^2 and t so could show me how to rearange this for time
ok and to find the distance i did this formula
V^2 = Vo^2 + 2a(X-Xo)
rearanged for X
x = (2a)^-1 (-Vo)^2
and if i did that correctly
I got 2.2 m so is this a valid way to doing this also
by the way I was told from
You could also solve
y = V t - (a/2) t^2 = 0
to get the answer. Ignore the t=0 solution.
t = 8/a = 2.2
to solve for time
I just want to confirm that you had to resolve the Vo into it's componetns right to get Vo in the y direction correct and used gravity for accelration???
- Physics - Physics, Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:29pm
hmmm aparently that's not how you do it
hmmm could you please show me how to get the time step by step
don't you have to use this equation
X = 2^-1 a t^2 + Vo t + Xo
write it in the second dimension
Y = 2^-1 g t^2 + Vo t + Yo
and sense there is no Yo
I get this
Y = 2^-1 g t^2 + Vo t
still not enoguh to solve for time
so I don't get it
for the y component of the inital velocity I got about 1.498 s^-1 m
I do belive there is one...
- Physics - bobpursley, Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:35pm
If you start at the top, there is no initial velocity. Find the time downward, then double if for the entire trip.
- Physics - Physics, Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:47pm
oh... lol thanka
- ONE MORE QUESTION - WAIT ONE MORE QUESTION, Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:50pm
lol ok um so then I have this equation
y = 2^-1 g t^2
ok I get it
however I do not know y
how do I get y
thanks for helping me solve this problem
- i get it now - oh ok..., Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:52pm
so the equation is
x = 2^-1 a t^2
were I know a is about 3.671 s^-1 m
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Phyiscs - A lbock is given an intial speed of 4.0 s^-1 m up the 22 degree plane ...
- Physics - My question is A block is given an intial speed of 4.0 s^-1 m up the ...
- physics B - A block is given n intial speed of 3.0 s^-1 m up the 22.0 degree ...
- Physics - for some reason I keep on getting 1.2 seconds for (b) and .86 m for (a...
- Physics - A crate is given an initial speed of 3.1 m/s up the 29 degree plane ...
- Physics - A 20 kg box approaches the foot of a 30 degree inclined plane with a ...
- physics - A crate is given an initial speed of 2.9 up the 29 plane shown in the ...
- Physics - ok so I have a question At the instatn a race began, a 57-kg sprinter ...
- Physics PLEASE HELP - A coffin is given an initial speed of 4.4 m/s up the 17.8...
- PHYSICS - Which machines has more mechanical advantage pulley or incline plane? ...