Posted by Physics on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 7:39pm.
A lbock is given an intial speed of 4.0 s^-1 m up the 22 degree plane
How far up the plane will it go
ok I got this to be something like 2.2 about i understand this
i need help on this
how much time elapses before it returns to tis starting point? Ignore friction.
ok I need to know what formula to use to rearange for time
i thought it was this
x = 2^-1 a t^2 + Vo t + Xo
if i'm right then i guess I do not know how to rearange this for time because ther's a t^2 and t so could show me how to rearange this for time
- Phyiscs - bobpursley, Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 8:00pm
Vo is zero, starting at the top.
T= sqrt(2x/g) where g is the component of gravity down the plane 9.8sin22
- Phyiscs - drwls, Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 8:12pm
If the plane is frictionless, the block will rise a vertical height h so thet mgh equals the initial kinetic energy (1/2) mV^2. Thus h = V^2/(2g) = 0.81 m. The distance x that the block mov es up the track is h/sin22 = 2.2 m
So your answer is correct.
The block decelerates at a rate
a = g sin 22 = 3.67 m/s^2.
The block reaches maximum height when
t = V/a = 4/3.67 = 1.1 s
It takes the same length of time to come back down. The total e;apsed ti9me to return is thus 2.2 s
You could also solve
y = V t - (a/2) t^2 = 0
to get the answer. Ignore the t=0 solution.
t = 8/a = 2.2
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Ok I asked this question before A lbock is given an intial speed of 4....
- physics B - A block is given n intial speed of 3.0 s^-1 m up the 22.0 degree ...
- Physics - My question is A block is given an intial speed of 4.0 s^-1 m up the ...
- Physics - for some reason I keep on getting 1.2 seconds for (b) and .86 m for (a...
- Physics - A 20 kg box approaches the foot of a 30 degree inclined plane with a ...
- Physics - A crate is given an initial speed of 3.1 m/s up the 29 degree plane ...
- math - Given the plane 2x-3y+7z=4, a) Find the equation for the line ...
- physics - A crate is given an initial speed of 2.9 up the 29 plane shown in the ...
- Science - A coffin is given an initial speed of 4.4 m/s up the 17.8º inclined ...
- Physics PLEASE HELP - A coffin is given an initial speed of 4.4 m/s up the 17.8...