Posted by Jasson on Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 5:47pm.
I'm helping my little sister in her math homework. I just got stuck in this problem. Can anyone please help us out. I'm guessing it's letter C. Am I correct?
A small company borrows $50,000 at 11% compounded monthly. The loan is due in 4 years. How much interest will the company pay? Round to the nearest cent.
- High School Math - MathMate, Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 5:57pm
How did you make a guess for your sister?
Did she work it out, in which case there should be details of the work.
You won't be helping her if you gave her the right answer without telling her why or how.
Can she post her answer?
- High School Math - Jasson, Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 6:30pm
well I came up with because I just guessed it that's why i'm here to ask for help becuase I just can't come up with the actual answer. I come up with 22,000
what am I doing wrong here?
- High School Math - Damon, Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 6:48pm
Every month the principal is increased by (.11/12)principal
principal = original principal [1 +(.11/12)]^48 because 4 years is 48 months
principal after 48 months = 50,000[1.091666667]^48
77479.90-50000 = 27479.90
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me I'm not sure of. Thank you...
- Math - Im trying to help my daughter with some math homework and Im stuck can ...
- Stastics - Can someone help me and let me know if what I have solved is correct...
- math - Would this be a good resource for my students? This website? Yes, I ...
- Math - I need help with my math homework.I searched for homework help forums and...
- Math - My 7th grade daughter has the following math problem and gets zero help ...
- Maths - Hey! I have this problem - i'm currently working on Quadratics at school...
- grammar - In The Space Before Each of the Following items, place a C if the ...
- Who is correct? (chemistry issues here) - how can this person say that I googled...
- math - I just need a little help I got this far and got stuck again. 0.10 mm=0....