posted by John on .
1. Don't eat too much apples before going to bed.
2. Don't eat too many apples before going to bed.
(Which one is grammatical?)
3. His hobby is riding a horse.
4. His hobby is to ride a horse.
5. His hobby is riding on a horse.
(Are all grammatical?)
6. His job is selling cars.
7. His job is to sell cars.
(Are both correct?)
English - GuruBlue, Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 8:51am
#1 is grammatical.
#3 is grammatical
#6 and 7 are both grammatical but #7 is better usage.
too many + plural nouns
too much + singular noun
too many apples
too much money
(What do you think about that?
Don't eat too many apples.....
Because of the plural countable noun, 'apples', 'too many apples' is correct. Don't you think so?)