Posted by John on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 9:26am.
1. Don't eat too much apples before going to bed.
2. Don't eat too many apples before going to bed.
(Which one is grammatical?)
3. His hobby is riding a horse.
4. His hobby is to ride a horse.
5. His hobby is riding on a horse.
(Are all grammatical?)
6. His job is selling cars.
7. His job is to sell cars.
(Are both correct?)
English - GuruBlue, Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 8:51am
#1 is grammatical.
#3 is grammatical
#6 and 7 are both grammatical but #7 is better usage.
too many + plural nouns
too much + singular noun
too many apples
too much money
(What do you think about that?
Don't eat too many apples.....
Because of the plural countable noun, 'apples', 'too many apples' is correct. Don't you think so?)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Don't eat too much apples before going to bed. 2. Don't eat too ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:10am. 1. I didn't ...
- English - 1. i didn't eat applea or pears. 2. i didn't eat applea and pears...
- English - 1. My hobby is internet games and paper folding. 2. My hobbies are ...
- English - What is your hobby? 1. My hobby is doing bunjee jumping. 2. My hobby ...
- Psychology - I know a man who read to his 5 children every night before they ...
- English - 1. My hobby is soccer. 2. My hobby is baseball. (Are both grammatical...
- English - 1. My hobby is computer games. 2. My hobbies are computer games. 3. My...
- English - 1. He is riding a horse now. 2. He is riding on a horse now. (Which ...
- English - 1. He is riding a horse. 2. He is riding on a horse. 3. He has to ride...