Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, July 6, 2009 at 6:51pm.
Just wondering- people should get their cats 'fixed' so they can't have kittens, but soon won't the cat population die down until there are barely any cats except for strays?
I hope this makes sense...I was just wondering
Misc - Marth, Monday, July 6, 2009 at 6:54pm
The point is to control the population so that only cat breeders can have kittens. There are too many abandoned pets in shelters; a cat owner who is unprepared to take care of kittens will only add to that.
Misc - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 6, 2009 at 6:54pm
It makes sense -- but I'm sure there are enough people who don't get their cats fixed -- or get them fixed after they've borne a litter or two -- to keep the cat population flourishing.
Misc - mysterychicken, Monday, July 6, 2009 at 9:22pm
Alright, thanks for explaining guys...I was just worried because I have my own cat fixed!
Misc - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 6, 2009 at 9:35pm
You're welcome. And if you want another cat, you might adopt a stray. :-)
Misc - SraJMcGin, Monday, July 6, 2009 at 9:45pm
Ah, yes. Please adopt a rescue animal. I only adopt older rescue animals because otherwise they won't have a home. I absolutely trust the rescue group from which I get them. With so many foreclosures of homes and people out of work, consider fostering as well, if you can.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Two cats are taking a walk. 1 cat runs off. three cats come back. 1 cat ...
- maths - Scenario: There is a bus with 7 girls inside, Each girl has 7 bags, ...
- WITC math - There is a bus with 7 girls inside, Each girl has 7 bags, Inside ...
- Biology - 10. In some cats the gene for tail length shows incomplete dominance. ...
- Math - Please help me answer this question At the Cats galore cat show, 1/2 cat ...
- Math - A local animal shelter had four more than six times as many adult cats as...
- algebra1 - If there are 700 people in the town, how many people have both cats ...
- Why dogs are better than Cats! - why are dogs better than cats? many opins ...
- math - There are 7 men on a bus. Each has 7 backpacks. Each backpack has 7 cats...
- Math repost for Jake - math - jake, Friday, December 7, 2007 at 2:06pm How many ...