Posted by tina on Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 9:46pm.
This = adjective
sharply = adverb
through = preposition
and = conjunction
tissue = noun
to = preposition
transverse = adjective
ligament = noun
carpal = adjective
was incised = verb
carefully = adjective
push = verb
technique = noun more info on next question
grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 9:55pm
Please post the sentence. Words are used as different parts of speech, depending upon the context.
grammar - PsyDAG, Monday, July 6, 2009 at 11:00am
Here are some examples. "Push" can be verb or noun depending on the context. "Tissue" can be noun or adjective.
Words with "ly" ending tend to be adverbs. (Notice that here "ending" is a noun, but it could be a verb or adjective.)
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - This was carried sharply down through the skin and subcutaneous tissue...
- Grammar - The carpal ligament was then carefully incised using a push technique...
- English part of speech Help - The part of speech is in all caps: 1. "Way too ...
- english - 1. The young student (noun), who was new to (preposition) the school...
- Grammar - For each word, label the parts of speech. We have to leave immediately...
- English - Select the part of speech that correctly identifies the italicized ...
- Grammar ~CHECK MY WORK PLEASE~ - THE STARS NEXT TO IT ARE MY ANSWERS!! Select ...
- English - The infinitive is the most versatile verb form because it can be used ...
- Grammar-Writeacher - My last set of Questions: Match the part of speech for each...
- Grammar-Writeacher - Match the part of speech: a. noun b. pronoun c. antecedent...