Posted by John on Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 4:55pm.
1. I won the first prize in the speech contest.
2. I won first prize in the speech contest.
(Do I have to use 'the' or not?)
3. You'll be making a business trip to Korea in an early July.
4. You'll be making a business trip to Korea in the early July.
(Do we have to use 'the ' or 'a' in #3 and #4?)
5. We are going to give/have/ throw a party.
(Are all verbs OK?)
6. Is Kelly a female name or a male name?
English - Writeacher, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 4:57pm
2 is better than 1.
4 and 5 -- don't use either "an" or "a" or "the"
You'll be making a business trip to Korea in early July.
5 -- all the verbs are OK.
6 -- as a first name, it's mostly a girl's name, but I've seen it for both.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. He won the first prize in the speech contest. 2. He won first prize...
- English - 1. First, let me introduce my friend to you. His name is Seho. He is ...
- English - 1. Congratulations you on winning first prize in the spelling contest...
- English - 1. He won first place in the math contest. 2. He got first place in ...
- English - 1. People were worried that their souls might not get back into their ...
- English - 1. I have a friend who goes biking many times. 2. I have a friend who ...
- math - In a contest the prizes were to be $100 for the first place, $50 for ...
- English (I am unsure) - Identify the purpose of this writing. Some people love ...
- Language - Mary was awarded first prize in the contest
- math - There are 216 couples competing in a dance contest.After each half hour ...