Posted by tina on Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 2:24pm.
Determine if the word in paranthesis an adverb or an adjective. write the chosen word next to each item.
The patient has (intermittently) been on (anti-inflammatory) drugs.
8. intermittently Adverb Adjective
9. anti-inflammatory Adverb Adjective
This (elderly) woman had a history of syncope (yesterday).
10. elderly Adverb Adjective
11. yesterday Adverb Adjective
This rash has been present for approximately (two) years.
12. two Adverb Adjective
- grammar - tina, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 2:25pm
Testicles were descended (bilaterally) and (only) (mildly) tender.
13. bilaterally Adverb Adjective
14. only Adverb Adjective
15. mildly Adverb Adjective
There is mild-to-moderate tenderness on (deep) palpation.
16. deep Adverb Adjective
Identify ALL nouns and pronouns in the following sentences.
1. Pupils are equal, round, and reactive to light.
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 2:38pm
And your answers are?
We'll be glad to check them.
- grammar - tina, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 3:53pm
bilaterally is an adjective
only is also an adjective
intermittently is an adjective
anti-inflammatory is also an adjective
- grammar - Writeacher, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 4:41pm
Most are incorrect. Please re-think these and re-post ... with your reasons.
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 4:44pm
Most words that end in -ly are adverbs.
Bilaterally is an adverb modifying "were descended." It tells where about the verb.
Only is also an adverb, modifying the adverb, "mildly." It tells how mildly.
Mildly, an adverb, modifies the adjective, "tender."
Itermittently is also an adverb modifying "has been."
You're right that anti-inflammatory is an adjective.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grammar - 2. ADVERBS AND ADJECTIVES. Determine if the word in paranthesis an ...
- grammar - Determine if the word in paranthesis an adverb or an adjective. write ...
- word order - Which is the correct ordering of adjectives and adverbs in the ...
- english - write a paragraph of 5-7 sentences to explain how to study for a test...
- English Grammar - 1) The sun had nearly set when we reached home. Adverb qualify...
- English Grammar - 1) The sun had nearly set when we reached home. Adverb ...
- English; Help/Check. - e last word in each sentence is either an adjective or an...
- English - What type of prepositional phrase are in the following sentences? ...
- Adverb objects 2 Check please - 6.B 7.C 8.A 9.B 10.B 6.Which words make up the ...
- Grammar - Write whether each underlined word js an adverb (adv.) or an ...