Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 8:36am.
I am so confuse with this can you help me please?
I chose I knew a Woman. How would you chance the information down different below
I knew a woman, lovely in her bones, that look different inside and out
When small birds sighed, she would sigh back at them;
Ah, when she moved, she moved more ways than one:
The shapes a bright container can contain!
Of her choice virtues only gods should speak,
Or English poets who grew up on Greek
(I'd have them sing in chorus, cheek to cheek.)
How well her wishes went! She stroked my chin,
She taught me Turn, and Counter-turn, and stand;
She taught me Touch, that undulant white skin:
I nibbled meekly from her proffered hand;
She was the sickle; I, poor I, the rake,
Use the same form (line length, stanza breaks, and indentations) but change the poem's content to reflect your wise mentor. Also, use the same point of view as your chosen model poem.
While writing and revising, seek the most precise word choices possible to convey your imagined wise old man, woman, or creature. Remember to use concrete images wherever possible. Be sure to note which poem you use as your model poem.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 9:05am
Anonymous, you need to understand that no one here will do your work for you. YOU are signed up for this creative writing class, and the very word "creative" means that the ideas and words need to come from YOUR MIND, not anyone else's.
One thing you can do is change the word "woman" to something else, and then change all the other lines to match. Here are some nouns to substitute:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can someone tell me what I need wrong please. I use the first 12 line ...
- English - I finish it but don't know if it is right or wrong: Can someone tell ...
- math - in a survey of 260 dancers: 172 knew the ballroom dances 145 knew latin ...
- Math - 11. In a survey of 260 dancers, 172 knew the ballroom dances, 145 knew ...
- psychology 220 - # 1.36 (1 pts.) Based on the incidence of Fetal Alcohol ...
- english - Good evening, I’m asking some help to improve my english. I’m ...
- PSYCHOLOGY - which of the following mothers has the greatest chance of birthing ...
- English - 1. What do you think it is? I think it is a duck. No, I don't think so...
- Psychology 220 - # 1.36 (1 pts.) Based on the incidence of Fetal Alcohol ...
- English - I'm posting you the part of the song I didn't include before. 1) I ...