Posted by John on Friday, July 3, 2009 at 4:39pm.
1. I don't know who to say.
2. I don't know who to say to.
3. I don't know whom to say.
4. I don't know whom to say to.
5. I don't know who to say about.
6. I don't know whm to say about.
7. I don't know to whom to say.
(Which ones are grammatical?)
8. He decided to go abroad.
9. He determined to go abroad.
10. He made a decision to go abroad.
11. He made a determination to go abroad.
(Are the four sentences all correct and the same?)
12. Have you ever ridden a bike?
13. He rode a bike in the park yesterday.
(Are both grammatical?)
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, July 3, 2009 at 5:03pm
John, in #'s 1-7.... I don't think you want to use "say"... I am not sure what you are trying to say there.
We would say , "I don't know whom to tell." or "I don't know what to say."
The rest of your sentences are correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. I don't know who to say. 2. I don't know who to say about. 3. I don...
- English - 1. Whom should I say to? 2. Who should I say to? 3. Whom should I tell...
- algebra inequalities - can you check these tell if the number after the: color ...
- English - Let's say 7:15, in front of the theater. (What is the use of 'Let's ...
- literature - . Which of these sentences uses grammar correctly? (Points : 1) ...
- algebra ineqUALITIES - can you check these tell if the number after the: color ...
- English - In the following sentence am I correct to say that "whom the newspaper...
- what to say? - my assignment was to create a product so i chose an energy drink...
- Statistics - “How would you describe your own physical health at this time? ...
- French - I want to say "I got an A on my history test." So I am going to say "J'...