Posted by y912f on Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 11:01am.
In Ode 2 to what does the Chorus compare Antigone?
a. a cresting wave
b. a soaring bird
c. a glowing ember
d. a closed flower
The Chorus in Ode 3 comments on the
a. power of love
b. duty of sons to their fathers
c. relationship of Haimon and Antigone
d. effect of Creon's inflexibility
In the last few lines of Ode 4, the Chorus place responsibility for Antigone's death on
c. the family curse
d. Antigone herself
Which of the following events did not take place?
a. Teiresias blames Creon for causing his birds to behave strangely
b. After Creon fails to save Antigone, he buries Polyneices
c. In the Paen, the Chorus implores Dionysos to head Thebes
d. The messenger announces Haimon's suicide
- antigone - GuruBlue, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 11:03am
Did you check the Sparknotes site that Writeacher gave you. You will find lots of help there.
- antigone - y912f, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 11:06am
Yes I did; please just let me know if they're correct.
- Antigone - Writeacher, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 11:21am
I don't have the text you have -- the word "ode" is not used. You'll have to be more specific.
The fourth one is incorrect.
- antigone - y912f, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 11:36am
Is it D?
- antigone - Writeacher, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 11:55am
I already answered this -- check the post below where you asked about this fourth question the first time.
- Antigone - Writeacher, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 12:05pm
Scroll about 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the way down to find an etext of this play. The chorus's parts are referred to in the following ways:
Please find what your text is calling odes and let me know what they're called in this version.
- Antigone - Writeacher, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 12:46pm
PS -- In the original Greek, those abbreviations are for Strophe and Antistrophe.
- antigone - Anonymous, Monday, May 16, 2011 at 3:32pm
what does haimon do just before killing himself?
a.he cries out to antigone
b.argues with his father
c.calls for a whitness
d.attempts to kil his father
- antigone - Nina, Friday, June 3, 2011 at 1:03pm
Is the forth question A or b?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Caesar & Antigone - Can you check these questions? 1) Which is an ...
- english - the chorus in ode 3 comments on the a. power of love b. duty of sons ...
- ELA - In Antigone, Ode III discusses the dangers and power of love. What is love...
- Literature - I had a couple of questions about Antigone. 1. Teiresias says to ...
- Antigone - Are these correct?- 1.Creon declares the anarchists are behind the ...
- antigone - Which of the following events did not take place? a. Teiresias blames...
- Antigone - compare and contrast the characters of Antigone and Ismene in 3 ways ...
- Literature - A few more questions on Antigone; Can someone please check my ...
- brooklyn college - as the drams antigone develops, is antigone presented as ...
- Literature-Antigone re: Bob pursely - In the ending of the version by Sophocles ...