Posted by John on Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 12:05am.
1. I don't know who to say.
2. I don't know who to say about.
3. I don't know who I should say to.
4. I don't know who should say.
5. I don't know whom to say.
6. i don't know whom to say about.
(Which expressions are right?)
English - lidya, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 1:54am
when was robin hood born
English - SraJMcGin, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 2:20am
#4 is correct. In that one "who" is the subject. You need "whom" when that is an object.
#5 could be: "I don't know whom to tell." Here you would tell something (direct object) to someone (indirect object)
English - PsyDAG, Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 10:53am
First, Lidya, if you have a question, it is much better to put it in as a separate post in <Post a New Question> rather than attaching it to a previous question, where it is more likely to be overlooked.
As far as I know, Robin hood is a folklore hero rather than a real person. However, since this is not my area of expertise, I searched Google under the key words "Robin Hood birth" to get these possible sources:
In the future, you can find the information you desire more quickly, if you use appropriate key words to do your own search. Also see http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. I don't know who to say. 2. I don't know who to say to. 3. I don't ...
- English - 1. Whom should I say to? 2. Who should I say to? 3. Whom should I tell...
- algebra inequalities - can you check these tell if the number after the: color ...
- English - Let's say 7:15, in front of the theater. (What is the use of 'Let's ...
- algebra ineqUALITIES - can you check these tell if the number after the: color ...
- English - 1. If you meet someone on the street, you should say hello to him. 2. ...
- what to say? - my assignment was to create a product so i chose an energy drink ...
- early childhood - " I eated it all up" said jimmy Mrs newman, his teacher, ...
- French - I want to say it is 9:45, should I say il est neuf heures moins quart, ...
- GEOGRAPHY - if i lived in olney, MD: should i say that i live CLOSE TO ...