Posted by y912f on Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 9:10pm.
here are some questions i had to answer for the story "The Other Wife" by Colette (translated by Margaret Crosland)
[[it starts with 'for two?' and ends with 'superior women']]
please check them all
1. marc seguy insists on sitting in the crowded area of the dining room because
a. he dislikes the views of the water
b. there are no tables by the bay window
c. alice, his new wife, wants to site there
d. he wants to avoid his ex-wife
2. which of the following statements BEST describes the relationship between Marc and Alic Seguy?
a. she lets him make all the decisions
b. he lets her make all the decisions
c. they discuss the matter and arrive at a mutual decision
d. they quarrel constantly and cannot reach a decision
ok. so first i though C sounds the best. but then i thought..it says that HE picked the table they sat on. also, HE ordered the food. she just said 'whatever he likes' so now i'm thinking should it be A?
3. while dining, Alice sometimes laughs too loundly, and Marc careflully watches his posture. this behavior is meant to impress
a. each other
b. the mautre d'hotel
c. marc's ex wife
d. no one
4. Which of the following statements BEST describes the change that occurs in Alic during the story?
a. she realizes what a wonderful husband Marc is
b. she understands why marc could not please his first wfe
c. she realizes for the first time how good-looking marc is
d. she wonders if there is osmethinmg lackin in marc
- english - y912f, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 9:21pm
5. We almost never learn the private thoughts of any character but Alice. This is a clue that the point of view in the story is
a. first person
b. third-person limited
c. third-person omniscient
d. that of the ex-wife
- english - Writeacher, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 9:26pm
1 is D -- correct
2 is A -- correct
3 is C -- correct
4 is D -- correct
5 -- a and d are out; now look up the word "omniscient" to see if you're right or if it's b.
- english - y912f, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 9:42pm
i think it's omniscient...?
- english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 9:46pm
Did you look up the word "omniscient?"
- english - y912f, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 9:57pm
sorry, it's third person limited, becuase the other one means having complete or unlimited knowledge
- english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 9:59pm
Right. It has to be third person limited.
Answer this Question
english - Can you give me some input on the short story "the other wife" I've ...
English - In the Story "The Bracelet" By Colette what is the theme in the story...
english - google search 'the other wife, by colette' Which of the following ...
english langage arts - 3. How does the setting of the story change as the story ...
English - Hello. Please check the structures: He and his wife didn't have bank ...
Lang.Arts - The story is "The Fire Pond" 3. How does the setting of the story ...
English - ms. sue - thanks ms. sue for help with questions witht that story but ...
reading - the story the dog pompeii the author uses much of the story to ...
Language Arts - Which of the following statements about a short story plot is ...
English Englsih - Please some one check it for me .please please.... Chaucer is ...