Posted by Maxine on Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 12:05pm.
Given that g(x)= 2x+1/5 and f(x)=x+4
Calculate the value of g(-2)
Is this right??
How do i write an expression for gf(x) in the simpliest form??
And how do i find inverse functions such as g`1(x)?
math (reiny) got an ans but would like work it pl - bobpursley, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 1:19pm
No. -4+1/5= -3 4/5=-3.8 or -19/5
Unless g(x)=(2x+1)/5 which in case then you would be right.
math (reiny) got an ans but would like work it pl - Reiny, Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 1:21pm
I noticed that Marth already gave you an answer correctly following the order of operation the way you typed it.
You followed the same order in finding g(-2) but made an arithmetic error.
g(-2) = 2(-2) + 1/5
= -4 + 1/5
Perhaps you meant
g(x) = (2x+1)/5
If so, follow Marth's steps using the corrected function for both g(f(x)) and the inverse of g(x)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Given that g(x)= 2x+1/5 and f(x)=x+4 Calculate the value of g(-2) 2(-2)+1...
- Algebra 2 - so i got a question and would like to know if i did this right For ...
- Urgent math question for Reiny - Find the value of the expression below for r=4 ...
- 6th grade math - Can you check these, please? 1. George had 5 apples. His mother...
- chem - an aq. solution(NaCl) made by using 133g diluted to a total solution ...
- algebra 2 - Would some one look at these problems and see if I got them right ...
- 6th grade math - Can you check #18 and explain how to do #15 please? 15. Sue ...
- 6th grade math - Can you check my homework, please? 1. Write numeric expression ...
- Math - How to d/dx y= (9+((x-9)/6)^1/5)^1/2 ? Hope u can give me the way how to ...
- Reiny or Damon or Bobpursley - Express the series 11 + 18 + 27 +...+ 171 using ...