Posted by Maxine on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 2:42pm.
Given that g(x)= 2x+1/5 and f(x)=x+4
Calculate the value of g(-2)
Is this right??
How do i write an expression for gf(x) in the simpliest form??
And how do i find inverse functions such as g`1(x)?
- math - Marth, Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 2:50pm
g(x) = 2x+1/5
Substitute -2 for x.
g(-2) = 2*-2 + 1/5
g(-2) = -4 + 1/5
g(-2) = (-3 4/5) (mixed number)
To find g(f(x)), substitute f(x) for x in g.
g(f(x)) = g(x+4)
g(x+4) = 2(x+4) + 1/5
g(x+4) = 2x + 8 + 1/5
g(x+4) = 2x + (8 1/5) (mixed number)
To find inverse functions, switch the y and x.
convert g(x) = 2x+1/5 to y = 2x+1/5
Now switch y and x.
x = 2y+1/5
solve for y
x-1/5 = 2y
x/2 - 1/10 = y
g'1(x) = x/2 - 1/10
- math - krissy, Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 6:40pm
for the #1 how do u got -3 4/5 if u check good u got -3/5
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math (reiny) got an ans but would like work it pl - Given that g(x)= 2x+1/5 and ...
- precal - use a right triangle to write the expression as an algebraic expression...
- math - is zero a multiple of every number? Find the prime factorization of the ...
- precalculus - please check my answers 1.Use Gaussian elimination to write the ...
- Math PIZZAZZZ - how does a rodeo star get around?? well if you cant give me an ...
- math please help - use an inverse trig function to write theta as a function of ...
- math - how do you write 4/5, 5/12, 3/10 in its simpliest form?
- Trigonometry - Usa a right triangle to write each expression as an algebraic ...
- Math - Evaluate the expression for t • 1/8 for the given value of t. Write the ...
- math - how do I write 6 2/3 + 3 4/5 to its simpliest form. This is how I did it...