Posted by jason on Monday, June 29, 2009 at 11:44pm.
solve by substitution
What is the solution of the system?
is this correct?
- math - Marth, Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 9:48am
You can check your work by using the values you found for x and y in the equations to see if they match.
7(7) + 6(-5) = 7
49 - 30 = 7
19 = 7
7 = 58 - 9*(-5)
7 = 58-45
7 = 13
Clearly, something is wrong.
Substitute 58-9y for x in 7x+6y=7 (because x = 58-9y)
7(58-9y) + 6y = 7
406 - 63y + 6y = 7
399 - 57y = 0
399 = 57y
y = 7
x = 58 - 9y
x = 58 - 9*7
x = 58 - 63
x = -5
The answer is (-5,7). Always (x,y).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - i need help with these problems (either a solution or how to plug them...
- math,correction - can someone correct this for me please. Directions: Solve the ...
- Algebra II - What is the first step for solving this system by substitution? DO ...
- algebra - Requesting help. (I must reckon, that X is a variable, and y is y-...
- help with math!!!! - Solve each system using substitution. Tell whether the ...
- math,correction - can someone correct this for me. Directions: Solve the ...
- Math Homework - Hello! I need help with these math questions, thanks! :) 1.) ...
- Math - Use the substitution method to solve the following system of linear ...
- math - Solve this system 10x+2y=7,y=-5x+3 by addition or substitution. If a ...
- Algebra - I have a few questions I need help with! 1. Solve the system by ...