Posted by Kurt on Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 8:23pm.
I have no idea where to begin with this one !
Hetfield and Ulrich, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has just paid a dividend of $12 per share and has announced that it will increase the dividend by $7 per share for each of the next 5 years, and then never pay another dividend. If you require a 14 percent return on the company's stock, you will pay $______ per share today?
- non-constant dividends - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 9:31pm
19 + 26 + 33 + 40 + 47 = 165
165/5 = 33 average yearly dividend
0.14x = 33
x = 235.71
- non-constant dividends - Kurt, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 10:02pm
Ms. Sue, I put in the answer and it says it is wrong. I looked over your work and it looks right... im wondering if maybe multiply instead of divide or something, im trying different ways to alter the answer. thanks for the help.
- non-constant dividends - Kurt, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 11:14pm
i figured it out... you have to ^1, ^2, ^3^4^5 for each of the years o the rate of return for each one! thanks
- non-constant dividends - MathMate, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 11:37pm
Let's try's Ms Sue's suggestion:
If the dividends accumulate without interest, we have after 5 years,
sum of dividends
= 19 + 26 + 33 + 40 + 47
This amount should equal the purchase price, P, paid and compounded over 5 years. Thus:
P*1.14*5 = 165
If the dividends also accumulate at 14% (unlikely?), then
future value of dividends
P*1.14*5 = 206.097187
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Finance - Hetfield and Ulrich, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has...
- business finance - Hot Wings, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has ...
- Finance - Bread, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has just paid a ...
- Finance - MMK Cos. normally pays an annual dividend. The last such dividend paid...
- Finance. PLEASE HELP ME - 1) growth rates The stock price of the company is $76 ...
- Finance questions - 1) growth rates The stock price of the company is $76 ...
- FInance - Most corporations pay quarterly dividends on their common stock ...
- Finance - Suppose you know that a company’s stock currently sells for $54 per ...
- Finance - Kilsheimer Company just paid a dividend of $ 4 per share. Future ...
- finance - a company paid dividend of $7 per share and has announced that it will...