Posted by Kurt on Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 8:23pm.
I have no idea where to begin with this one !
Hetfield and Ulrich, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has just paid a dividend of $12 per share and has announced that it will increase the dividend by $7 per share for each of the next 5 years, and then never pay another dividend. If you require a 14 percent return on the company's stock, you will pay $______ per share today?
non-constant dividends - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 9:31pm
19 + 26 + 33 + 40 + 47 = 165
165/5 = 33 average yearly dividend
0.14x = 33
x = 235.71
non-constant dividends - Kurt, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 10:02pm
Ms. Sue, I put in the answer and it says it is wrong. I looked over your work and it looks right... im wondering if maybe multiply instead of divide or something, im trying different ways to alter the answer. thanks for the help.
non-constant dividends - Kurt, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 11:14pm
i figured it out... you have to ^1, ^2, ^3^4^5 for each of the years o the rate of return for each one! thanks
non-constant dividends - MathMate, Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 11:37pm
Let's try's Ms Sue's suggestion:
If the dividends accumulate without interest, we have after 5 years,
sum of dividends
= 19 + 26 + 33 + 40 + 47
This amount should equal the purchase price, P, paid and compounded over 5 years. Thus:
P*1.14*5 = 165
If the dividends also accumulate at 14% (unlikely?), then
future value of dividends
P*1.14*5 = 206.097187
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Finance - Hetfield and Ulrich, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has...
- business finance - Hot Wings, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has ...
- Finance - Bread, Inc., has an odd dividend policy. The company has just paid a ...
- Finance - MMK Cos. normally pays an annual dividend. The last such dividend paid...
- Finance. PLEASE HELP ME - 1) growth rates The stock price of the company is $76 ...
- Finance questions - 1) growth rates The stock price of the company is $76 ...
- FInance - Most corporations pay quarterly dividends on their common stock ...
- Finance - Suppose you know that a company’s stock currently sells for $54 per ...
- Finance - Kilsheimer Company just paid a dividend of $ 4 per share. Future ...
- finance - a company paid dividend of $7 per share and has announced that it will...