Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 6:05pm.
Need help with these-
1.How many groups of 4 fabrics can be selected from 7 fabrics?
2.The school photographer wants to photograph 3 students from a club with 14 members. How many combinations can be made?
3.Philip wishes to check 2 books out of his school library. If the library contains 800 books, in how many ways might Philip make his choice of books?
- Pre-Algebra [Combinations] - Damon, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 6:21pm
C(n,k) = n!/[ (n-k)!k! ]
for example if n = 7 and k = 4
C(7,4) = 7! /[ 3! 4! ]
= 7*6*5 *4! /[3*2*1 *4!]
4! cancels top and bottom
6 cancels top and bottom
Now try n = 14, k = 3
and n = 800, k = 2
- Pre-Algebra [Combinations] - mysterychicken, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 6:21pm
Nevermind I got all the answers:
1. 35 groups
2. 364 combinations
3. 319,600 choices
- Pre-Algebra [Combinations] - mysterychicken, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 6:22pm
..Oops just saw that Damon. Thanks!
Answer this Question
- Fashion and fabrics - For Which type of fabrics r ball point mchne ndles ...
- Math - Teng is designing a house and in each room he can choose from tiles, ...
- Algebra/Trig - The members of a menís club have a choice of wearing black or red...
- Maths - At a boarding school, in the evening, 9 students always take walks in ...
- Urgent maths homework help - At a boarding school, in the evening, 9 students ...
- Math: Permutations and Combinations - Need a verification: Combinations of n ...
- pre-algebra - Nineteen members, or 38 members of the ski club are going on a ski...
- Math - The ratio of boys to girls in the checkers club at one school is 2:3. the...
- math - A school club consist of 30 male students and 13 female students. If 3 ...
- math-combinations - An executive committee of three is selected from a group of ...