Posted by Summer on Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:59pm.
I'm writing a synthesis paper for my college english composition class.
My topic is: The relationship between social class and public education.
So far, my thesis: My argument is that students in public education should not be discriminated against based on what social class they were born into.
But it needs a lot of work. So any input or advice would be great. I need an A on this paper, and in this class actually, so help would be greatly appreciated for this. :)
English Composition - bobpursley, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 3:40pm
Social class is really difficult to define and measure. Economic class (family income) is much easier to find information on.
English Composition - Writeacher, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 3:52pm
Leave "My argrument is" out, and start with the next word. Use "socio-economic" rather than "social class" -- unless you're talking about students in a country other than the US!!
Students in public schools in the US should not be discriminated against based on their socio-economic level.
But it's still not a very strong thesis; after all, who would argue against you?
Read these and let us know what you come up with.
English Composition - Summer, Friday, June 26, 2009 at 1:29am
Ok. How about...:
Students should not be discriminated against other students based on their family's social status and income.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Is this a good thesis Students should not be required in public ...
- Essay Topic (Synthesis) - Is the topic of Immigration Reform in the United ...
- Social Study Help!!!ASAP - 9. Which statement explains why public education ...
- English - Hi I'm doing a mla research paper for my college English class. My ...
- English - Please help is this a good thesis? Students should not be required to ...
- College English - I'm writing an argument paper on school uniforms. I have wrote...
- English - discuss the current state of the field of early childhood care and ...
- proofreading English - Public schools vs. Private schools Private and public ...
- English - Education standard have gone down in our country,write a composition ...
- composition writing - • Imagine that you are teaching English in a local high ...