Posted by annoymous on Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:18pm.
PLease someone help me!!! What are some of the names of acids and alkalis that are in shampoo!!! PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!!! thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
science - annoymous, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:20pm
please someone help me quickly my science h/w has to be in tomorrow and i really need to know the answer!!! Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssse!!!
science - MathMate, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:52pm
Here are some links that get you started.
The first one mentions amino-acids and citric acid, together with sodium citrate as a buffering agent. Ascorbic acid (vitamin-C) is mentioned in the second link. I have not found alkalis unless the -OH radical in the alcohol class of organic substances counts, or if the alkalinity resulting from the hydrolysis of certain salts counts.
science - Dr Russ, Friday, June 26, 2009 at 6:34am
"I have not found alkalis unless the -OH radical in the alcohol class of organic substances counts."
No it doesn't, the organic -OH group is very different from an inorganic OH^- ion.
Most shampoos have a pH in the 5-6.5 range and so are slightly acidic. Others that are soap based are alkaline because the soap used is the salt of a weak acid and a strong base.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science [Chemistry] - Excusme: Can somone tell me what are alkalis and acids. I ...
- Acids and alkalis - I Need To No Atleast 3 Uses Of Acids And Alkalis!!!! Can You...
- acids and alkalis - Name some alkalis lime. Lye. can you name some other alkalis...
- acids and alkalis - can you tell me me some acids and alkalis that are used in ...
- science - can you please tell me some alkalis you would have in your house xxx
- science - how can i neutralise acids and alkalis
- Science - What are the names of different Alkalis
- Science - What Acids Or Alkalis Do You Find Round The House ?
- science - can you give examples of acids and alkalis plz?
- Science - Ok,I need a list of all the Acids and Alkalis you can think of. Thank-...