Posted by Stacy on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 11:24pm.
Let f(x) = 6/x-1 and g(x) = 1+3/x. Please fing the composite function.
This is what i got so far.
= =f (1+3/x)
= 6/ [1+3/x - 1]
How do I get the composite?
- Algebra - MathMate, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:07am
The definition of a composite function:
f º g (x) means f (g(x) ), which tells you to work out g(x) first, and then fill that answer into f. See
(Broken Link Removed)
In this case,
f(x) = 6/x-1 and g(x) = 1+3/x
f º g (x)
- Algebra - Stacy, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:18am
and the composite function would be?
- Algebra - MathMate, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:31am
There is probably a mis-interpretation of the parentheses:
f(x) = 6/(x-1) and g(x) = 1+3/x
f º g (x)
If this is the case, the answer is (A).
- Algebra - Stacy, Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:49am
This is what I thought as well. Thanks!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Help please! I got so far with this and stopped because of confusion. ...
- Algebra - Very confused, and in need of help! I got 10 problems like this......
- Tangents! - Rohombus ABCD is circumcribed about P and has a perimeter of 32 Fing...
- Algebra- ASAP - Could you please help me and check my answers? Find the domain ...
- algebra functions - can someone please check my answer For each problem, ...
- calculus - Suppose that f(x)= square root of x and g(x)= 3x-4 and you are asked ...
- college algebra - Let f(x) = square root (x + 2) and g(x) = x^2 − 2. ...
- Algebra - Given the function f(x)= (6)/(x+4)please find a formula for the ...
- Math - Domain of Composite function - Find the domain of the composite function ...
- algebra 2 - how do you graph a polynomial function such as f(x)= 1/10(x=3)(x-1)(...