Posted by Rachale on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 5:02pm.
Help please! I got so far with this and stopped because of confusion. Here is what I have so far.
Let f(x) = 6/x-1 and g(x) = 1 + 3/x find the composite function of (fog)(x)
(fog)(x) = f (g(x))
- Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 5:55pm
ok up to
=f (1+3/x) , then
= 6/[1+3/x - 1]
- Algebra - Rachale, Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 5:59pm
So 2x would be the answer? I was thinking about including the 1+3/x-1 in the middle of the problem... So then 2x is it then I suppose?
- Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 6:04pm
It is a good idea to check you final answer by picking some value of x
e.g let x = 3
g(3) = 1+3/3 = 2
then f(g(3)) = f(2) = 6/(2-1) = 6
my expression was f(g(x)) = 2x
then f(g(3)) = 2(3) = 6
Even though this does not "prove" that I have the right answer, there is a very high probability that it is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - find the domain of the composite function fog. f(x)=x/x-2;g(x)=-8/x a. ...
- Algebra - Very confused, and in need of help! I got 10 problems like this......
- Algebra - When Let f (x) = x^2 – 3x + 8 and g(x) = x – 5 Find Find the composite...
- Algebra - Let f(x) = 6/x-1 and g(x) = 1+3/x. Please find the composite function ...
- college algebra, Please help!! - find the domain of the composite function of ...
- Composite Functions - f(x)=(7x+28)/(x-3) and g(x)=(3x+28)/(x-7) Find: (fog)(x) (...
- college algebra--I really need help!! - Find the domain of the composite ...
- college algebra--need help please!! - find the domain of the composite function ...
- math - find the domain of composite function fog f(x)=x/x-4; g(x)= -1/x please ...
- urgent urgent algebra - find the composite function fog f(X) = 1/X-5,g(x)-6/x ...