Posted by Rachale on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 5:02pm.
Help please! I got so far with this and stopped because of confusion. Here is what I have so far.
Let f(x) = 6/x-1 and g(x) = 1 + 3/x find the composite function of (fog)(x)
(fog)(x) = f (g(x))
- Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 5:55pm
ok up to
=f (1+3/x) , then
= 6/[1+3/x - 1]
- Algebra - Rachale, Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 5:59pm
So 2x would be the answer? I was thinking about including the 1+3/x-1 in the middle of the problem... So then 2x is it then I suppose?
- Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 6:04pm
It is a good idea to check you final answer by picking some value of x
e.g let x = 3
g(3) = 1+3/3 = 2
then f(g(3)) = f(2) = 6/(2-1) = 6
my expression was f(g(x)) = 2x
then f(g(3)) = 2(3) = 6
Even though this does not "prove" that I have the right answer, there is a very high probability that it is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Let f(x) = 6/x-1 and g(x) = 1+3/x. Please fing the composite function...
- Algebra - Given the function f(x)= (6)/(x+4)please find a formula for the ...
- Please help for my test CALculus - using the chain rule find the min and max ...
- Algebra - Hi I am learning about rational expression and so far I am pretty good...
- Algebra - Very confused, and in need of help! I got 10 problems like this......
- Algebra- ASAP - Could you please help me and check my answers? Find the domain ...
- Algebra - Here is what I have done so far with thes two equation that I need to...
- Math algebra honours - In the equation ax - x = c what is x i did it so far but ...
- English - Thank you for your help. I have one more similar set related to 'a ...
- calculus - Suppose that f(x)= square root of x and g(x)= 3x-4 and you are asked ...