Posted by joe on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 11:10am.
You have looked at it two times before. There are 30 questions worth 30 points.
Multiple Choice: Select the best answer from the choices provided. (Each question is worth one point)
Determine how many wheels are turning clockwise.
Determine how many wheels are turning clockwise.
3. Find the volume of a rectangular solid with the following dimensions: 2.3 cm x 4.6 cm x 7.8 cm 8.25 cm3 82.524 cm3
4. Find the volume of a rectangular solid with the following dimensions: 2ã3 cm x 7ã5 cm x 4ã6 cm. 84ã5 cm3 168ã10 cm3
5. Find the volume of a right triangular prism. Its base is an equilateral triangle with one edge measuring 2 cm. The altitude of the prism is 4 cm. 5ã3 cm3 4ã3 cm3
6. A pyramid has an equilateral triangle for its base. One side of the base measures 12 ft and the altitude of the prism is 6 ft. Find the volume. 216ã3 ft3 26ã6 ft3
7. The base of a pyramid is a right triangle. The legs of the triangle measure 6 in and the altitude of the pyramid is 5 in. Find the volume. 20 in3 15 in3
8. A pyramid has a square base. One side of the base measures 2 meters. The height is 4.5 meters. Find the volume. 4 m3 6 m3
9. Find the altitude of a rectangular solid whose volume is 42 m3 and whose base has an area of 7 m2. 9 m 12 m
10. Find the volume of a right cylinder with a radius of 11 cm and a height of 20 cm. 2,420ƒÎ cm3 (2,420/3)ƒÎ cm3
11. Find the volume of a right cylinder with a radius of 2 ft and a height of 4 ft. 4ƒÎ ft3 8ƒÎ ft3
12. Find the volume of a right circular cone with a radius of 4 mm and a height of 6 mm. 96ƒÎ mm3 (32/3)ƒÎ mm3
13. Find the volume of a right circular cone with a radius of ã5 m and a height of 3m. 15ƒÎ m3 30ƒÎ m3
14. Find the volume of a right circular cone with a radius of 2ã2 in and a height of 12 in. 16ƒÎ in3 8ƒÎ in3
A regular pyramid is inscribed in a right circular cylinder. The base of the pyramid is an equilateral triangle, and the height of the cylinder is 5 ft. If one side of the base of the pyramid measures 6 ft, what is the volume of the pyramid?
60 ft3 120 ft3
16. If the radius of the base of a cone is doubled and the altitude remains the same, what happens to the volume of the cone? Multiplied by 2 Multiplied by 4
17. If both the radius of the base and the altitude of a cone is doubled, what is the change to the volume of the cone? Multiplied by 8 Multiplied by 4
Multiplied by 2
18. A right circular cylinder is inscribed in a rectangular prism. The altitude of the prism and of the cylinder is 4 units. The radius of the cylinder is 2ã10 units. Find the volume of the prism. 640 units3 320 units3
19. A pyramid has a square base. One side of the base measures 6 m and the altitude is 3 m. Find the volume of the pyramid. 36 m3 18 m3
20. If a pyramid with a square base with its side measuring 6 m and its altitude of 3 m were circumscribed by a cone, what would be the ratio of the square base area to the circular base area? 1 to ƒÎ 1 to 2ƒÎ
1 to 0.5ƒÎ
Find the ratio of the altitude of the smaller cylinder to the larger cylinder.
Find the ratio of the total area of the smaller cylinder to the larger cylinder.
Find the volume of each cylinder.
8ƒÎ units3; 16ƒÎ units3 16ƒÎ units3; 27ƒÎ units3
16ƒÎ units3; 54ƒÎ units3
Find the ratio of the slant height of the smaller cone to the larger.
Find the ratio of the volume of the smaller cone to the larger.
Find the volume of each cone.
Small=32ƒÎ units3; Large=36ƒÎ units3 Small=32ƒÎ units3; Large=108ƒÎ units3
Small=45ƒÎ units3; Large=108ƒÎ units3
27. In two similar solids, how is the ratio of the areas related when compared to the ratio of the dimensions of the solids? The ratio is squared The ratio is cubed
The ratio is the same
28. Cowboy Jim has been on the range for over a week, and oh, is he dirty! When he finally has time for a bath he has to haul the water from a nearby well. The bathtub is in the shape of a rectangular prism. The dimensions of the bathtub are 1 ft x 2 ft x 5 ft. Jim will only take a bath if the water fills the tub completely. Each bucket of water holds 2 ft3 of water. How many buckets of water will it take to fill the tub? 10 5
29. A globe sits on a geography teacher's desk. The diameter of the globe is 0.001 km. The earth has a diameter of 12, 713.54 km. Find the ratio of the volume of the globe to the volume of the earth. 0.0001/12,713.54 (0.001/12,713.54)3
It's laundry time again, and you have a roll of $10 worth of quarters to take to the Wash-'n-Whirl. Each US quarter has width of 1.75 mm and a radius of 12 mm. What is the volume of the roll of quarters?
31,667 mm3 10,080 mm3
geometry - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 11:12am
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
geometry - bobpursley, Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 11:16am
Joe, you are in trouble, and in need of a tutor. We wont do your test for you. Pass this to your teacher: You have "taken" this test 2 times before, and this is the third time "you have seen it". What kind of test is that? It may be a study instrument, but it certainly is not determining what you know or don't know. Most of the questions above are pretty basal, and if you are having difficulty with them, as you seem to be, you do not know the subject matter. Fail the test, and get a tutor, and work your posterior off learning this material.
geometry - Jes, Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 2:50pm
This is not a test its from a summer school lesson... specifically submission 32.I know im looking at the same thing right now.
geometry - Yaya, Monday, July 13, 2009 at 3:01am
lol me too..DAMN these submissions are hard as hell !!!..i think they should eventually eliminate math from school anyways cuz everyone hates it
geometry - Haylie, Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 2:50am
same issue man :/
geometry - Anonymous, Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 10:09pm
find volume of a cone with a diameter of 12 mm and a height of 5 mm
geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 9:34am
geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, August 19, 2010 at 3:00pm
Find the volume of a sphere with a radius of 3
geometry - Pete, Monday, December 13, 2010 at 8:43pm
Find the volume of a pyramid that has a square base, measuring 6 feet on a side, and whose height is 16 feet.
geometry - ugh, Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 5:03pm
-_________________- im looking at it 2
geometry - dlyonss, Monday, July 18, 2011 at 11:44am
cool out how about i qot it too
geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:49pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - What are the important variables in the problem below? A test is worth 50...
- geometry - User: Courtney Thompson In Course: Geometry V8 ( 2167) Instructor: ...
- algebra - A 24 question mathematics exam is worth 100 points. There are fill-in-...
- Math - A 100 point test contains a total of 20 questions. The multiple choice ...
- Algebra - A history test is to have 20 questions in which some are multiple ...
- please math help - A test has twenty questions worth 100 points. The test ...
- math - A physics test has twenty questions worth 100 points. The test consists ...
- algebra - Pam scored 78 on a test that had 4 fill-in questions worth 7 points ...
- math - Your math test has 38 questions and is worth 200. points. The test ...
- math help - I need help solving this math problem, please: Problem: Angela's ...