Posted by Breanna on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 10:40pm.
Simplify: Write answers in the form of a + bi, where a and b are real numbers.
- Algebra - bobpursley, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 10:59pm
Use FOIL to multiply them out.
- Algebra - Breanna, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 11:15pm
IS this correct, i notice that i^2 = -1 what does this mean?
- Algebra - bobpursley, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 11:51pm
no, 6i^2 is 6*(-1)
so the last term is +6 and the final answer is
- Algebra - Breanna, Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 12:11am
So did I do any of this correct? What do I need to fix?
- Algebra - MathMate, Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 12:56am
You have basically done it correctly, but omitted to change the sign of the last term because i2=-1
= 1+i +6i
- Algebra - MathMate, Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 12:57am
Oops, it should read:
= 1+i +6
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Simplify: Write answers in the form of a + bi, where a and b are real ...
- Algebra - Simplify (4 – 5i)(3 + 7i) and write the answer in the form a + bi, ...
- Math help Ms. Sue please - 1. Name the subset(s) of real numbers to which the ...
- algebra 2 - 1.Simplify the difference. n^2 - lOn+24 9 / n^2 - 13n + 42 — 7 A. n...
- Algebra - Please let me know if i answered these correctly thanks 1.Which ...
- Algebra - 28. Use the Distributive Property to simplify x(4x^2 + x + 4) Is it 4x...
- Algebra 1-- Please, check my answers! - 1. What is ((-12x^6 + x)) / ((-4x^2))? ...
- Algebra (need help ASAP!!!!) - I didn't get how to do the problem. In my book it...
- College Algebra~Can someone check my answers pls - f(t)=log(t-5) t-5>0 t>5...
- algebra - 1. write an algebraic expression for the word phrase: the quotient of ...