Posted by Angie on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:14pm.
Suppose a farmer has 120 feet of fencing to make a rectangular barnyard enclosure. If the enclosure is x feet long, express the area A of the enclosure as a function of the length x.
Algebra - bobpursley, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:31pm
120 equals x + two ends=x+(120-x) so each end is (120-x)/2
area is then A=x(120-x)/2
Algebra - Angie, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:41pm
So would the answer be
A(x) = 60x – x^2?
A(x) = 120x – x2
Algebra - bobpursley, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 4:33pm
I get 60x-x^2/2
Algebra - Angie, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 4:42pm
Thanks that is what I got to, so therefore A(x) = 60x – x^2 is the answer! Thanks for your help! :-)
Algebra - JJ, Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 1:01am
A PIECE OF TIN IS TWICE AS LONG AS IT IS WIDE. IT IS TO BE MADE INTO A BOX BY CUTTING 2 INCH SQUARES FROM EACH CORNER AND FOLDING UP THE SIDES . FIND THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PIECE OF TIN IF THE VOLUME OF THE BOX IS 320 CUBIC INCHES
Algebra - lebron, Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 8:34pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Suppose a farmer has 120 feet of fencing to make a rectangular barnyard ...
- maths - A farmer has 120 metres of fencing. He is going to make a rectangular ...
- Calculus - A farmer has 120 meters of wire fencing to make enclosures for his ...
- Algebra - To make an enclosure for chickens, a rectangular area will be fenced ...
- math - María plans to enclose a rectangular area of her yard using the 16-foot ...
- Math - Please help with this problem! Brandon wishes to fence in a rectangular ...
- Calculus - A construction company wants to build a rectangular enclosure with an...
- Algebra - A builder has 80 feet of fencing to create an enclosure adjacent to a ...
- math - Chris wants to make an enclosed rectangular area for a mulch pile. She ...
- math - You have a 1200 foot roll of fencing and a large field. You want to make ...