Posted by Cathy on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 10:59am.
Pg.108 (Ex.1)Choose the verb that agrees with its subject according to the conventations for academic and professional writing.
1. There are at least two good reasons for changing motor oil: risk of contamination and danger of addictive depletion.
2. Reasons for not changing the oil include the cost to the driver and the inconvenience of the chore.
3. What I want to know are the numbers of miles I can drive before changing my oil.
4. My best friend and mechanic say three thousand miles.
5. But my brother says every thousand miles is too often.
6. Each of the car manuals I consulted recommends five-thousand-mile intervals.
7. Neither the automakers nor the gas station attendants know how I drive, however.
8. Recommendations for changing oil is based on the assumption that we all drive between 40 and 65 mph on good highways when it is not too hot or too cold.
9. I am one of those drivers who on hot days speed along at 70 mph on the interstates or bump along at 45 mph o a dusty road.
10. I need an oil-life monitor that tells me when it is time t change my oil.
Pg. 112 (Ex.3)Revise the following sentences so that pronouns or determiners agree with their antecedaants
1. A researcher relies on a number of principles to help him/her make ethical decisions.
2. Everyone should have the right t participate in a study only if he/she wants to.
3. A team of researchers should provide its volunteers with informed-consent forms, in which it describe to the volunteers the procedures and risks involved in participation.
4. Every participant should be guaranteed that the information he/she provide will remain confidential.
5. Institutions of higher education require that a researcher address ethical issues in their proposal.
ChECK Homework English - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 11:04am
Number 8 is incorrect.
In the second exercise, number 5 is incorrect.
The others are correct -- in both exercises.
English - Writeacher, Monday, June 22, 2009 at 11:13am
Check on subj-verb agreement here:
In sentence 3: in which it describe
In sentence 4: information he/she provide
ChECK Homework English - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 6:16pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3rd grade English - I'm trying too see if my daughter is doing her homework ...
- ENG1511 - english - Good Day, Please help Either subject verb-agreement, tense ...
- ENG1511 ENGLISH - Good Day, Please help Correct the following sentences for ...
- writing skills - Do your homework before applying for any job. If you rewrote ...
- English Grammar - If the subjects are joined by ¡°nor¡± or ¡°or,¡± the verb ...
- To Laura: Research Writing - I've removed your post for two reasons. 1. You've ...
- english - Do your homework before applying for any job. if you rewrote the ...
- English Writing - The explain in one paragraph for each website why you think ...
- Spanish - . Choose the correct form of the verb comer (to eat) that agrees with ...
- english - Students who do their homework on a regular basis have grades higher ...