Posted by Patterson on Friday, June 19, 2009 at 10:59am.
1)Adam scored x points
2)Imran scored 3 points fewer than Adam
3)Shakeel scored twice as many points as Imran
Together they scored 39 points.
a)How do i write in terms of x, an expression for the number of points scored by Shakeel?
b)How do i write an equation which may be used to find the value of x?
- Math - PsyDAG, Friday, June 19, 2009 at 11:29am
From the information you provided:
Adam = x
Imram = x - 3
Shakeel = 2x
x + (x-3) + 2x = 39
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
- Math - Quidditch, Friday, June 19, 2009 at 11:38am
Let x = Adam's points
Imram's ponts = x - 3
Shakeel's points = 2(Imram's points)
x + (x - 3) + 2(x-3) = 39
- Math - Anonymous, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:34pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Jake scored x points in the first basketball game. He scored 2 fewer ...
- Math - Your basketball team scored 4 fewer than twice as many points as the ...
- Math - Craig scored 12 points in a game. Marla scored twice as many points as ...
- Math - In a basketball game Maria scored 3 times as many points as Holly. In the...
- Algebra 2 - Did I solve this word problem correctly? In last week’s basketball ...
- 7th grade math - Not really sure what to do for this problem. this was how it ...
- math - Four students at a computer fair competed against each other in a space-...
- algebra - In their last basketball game, Becky scored twice as many points as ...
- Algebra - In their last basketball game, Becky scored twice as many points as ...
- algebra - can anyone solve this please it is hard In a basketball game, Garrett ...