Posted by John on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:16pm.
1. My voice is deeper than before.
(What is the opposite of 'deeper' in this sentence?)
2. The docote said I am in good health.
3. The docor said I was in good health.
(Are both OK? What is the difference between them?)
4. All of them can run faster than I.
5. I am the slowest of the three
6. I am slower than Mr. Pitt.
7. Bob is fatter than I.
7-1. Mr. Pitt is the taller of the two.
(Are the expressions all correct?)
8. The following content is about Tom. Ask and answer what your partner does or your partner doesn't do compared with Tom's.
9. The following is about Tom's activities. Ask and answer your partner's activities. First you should mention Tom's activities. Then ask your partner's activities.
(Ae both passage grammatical?)
- English - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:25pm
deeper = higher voice
2. The docote = doctor (typo)
3. The docor = doctor
The difference? I am = now, at present
I was = in the past!
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 3:26pm
4 - 7.1 are all correct.
8. "...compared with Tom's." Tom's = in possessive form. What does Tom own or have? Actually, I think that if you simply remove the 's, the sentence will be just fine.
9. All look OK except the last sentence. It should read, "Then ask about your partner's activities."
- English - PsyDAG, Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 1:03pm
"Ask and answer...." is unclear. Is the same person doing both the asking and answering? Is Tom the partner?
Without knowing the context, this is not clear.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Your voice is deeper than before. (What is the opposite of 'deeper...
- English - 2. The doctor said I am in good health. 3. The doctor said I was in ...
- English - He keeps himself in good health. (What is the part of speech of 'in ...
- english - When speaking correctly should good or well be used? example: I am ...
- english - Which sentence is punctuated correctly? a.“Thunder is good,” said Mark...
- To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue you know the English paragraph I was working on right, well...
- Statistics - “How would you describe your own physical health at this time? ...
- English - We had a health checkup at school. A doctor and two nurses came to our...
- English - 1. I am into sports. (What is the meaning of this sentence?) 2. ...
- English - 1. To walk is good for the health. 2. To walk is good for health. 3. ...