Posted by John on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:33am.
1. Cheer up, guys.
(What other expressions can we use instead of 'guys'? Is 'guys' a rude expression?)
2. Can you make it at ten?
3. Can you arrive at ten?
4. Can you meet at ten?
(Does #2 mean #3 or #4?)
5. Finally I made it.
6. Finally I succeeded in it.
(Does #5 mean #6?)
* June 1, 2002
7. June one, twenty two
8. June the first, two thousand and two
9. June first , twenty and two
10. June the first, two,o,o, second
11. June the first, two, o,o,two
12. June one, two hundred and two
(Which ones are read correctly?)
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:47am
1 - It's a good exclamation! Put an exclamation mark at the end. "Guys" is not generally considered rude; it's just casual. It's an indication of familiarity with whomever you're speaking to.
2 - 4 -- All are fine and all mean the same thing.
8, 9, and 11 read somewhat correctly. I hear different people (in life and on TV and radio) use slightly different expressions. Here are what I hear most:
June first, two thousand two
June first, two thousand and two
June first, twenty o two
English - PsyDAG, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:03am
5 and 6 are essentially the same, achieving a goal. However, without a context to clarify it, 5 might mean that you finally constructed a physical object.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Eglish - 1. When he was ten, he went abroad. 2. When he was ten years ago, he ...
- English - 1. I was sad at the sight of the scene. 2. I was sad to see the scene...
- For All Your Help! - I just wanted to say thanks for all of the help that you ...
- English - 1. Ten news was broadcasted on CNN. 2. Ten pieces of news was ...
- English - What are the meaning of good guys and bad guys?
- English - What is the meaning of 'guy'? Is it a boy or a man? Can we use 'guy' ...
- English - PRINT AND BRING THIS COUPON IN Spend 20$ or more, you get 20% off 10/...
- English - Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could help me find or explain to...
- English - 1. The dog is black and white. 2. The dog is blown. 3. One is a black ...
- English - 1. The boy is ten years old. 2. He is a ten-year-old boy. 3. The ...