Posted by Chris on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:28am.
Is the answer to this problem correct? I'm not sure and I want to make sure I do well on the test.
Evaluate the following logarithms given log 4/log a = .321
The answer my teacher gave me was 0.963.
What is the reasoning behind the answer?
- trig - drwls, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:43am
What is the base of your logarithms? 10? Are you supposed to evaluate a ?
I don't see how to get a = 0.963
- trig - Reiny, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:44am
are you solving for a ?
log 4/log a = .321
log a = log 4/.321
log a = 1.875576
a = 10^1.875576
log 4/log 75.089 = .321
- trig - Bailey, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:50am
Is your question evaluate a given that log4/loga=0.321?
if that's the case, then the answer is wrong.
- trig - Chris, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 1:18am
Yeah, it was to solve for A.
I assumed it was to multiply by 3. Seeing as 4^3 = 64.
log(sub a) 4 = .321
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Logarithm!!! Select all of the following that are true statements: (a) ...
- Econ math/logarithms - If log with base b (2)=0.39 and log with base b (3)=0.61 ...
- Logs. - Can you please help me with the following log. problems? thanxs! Solve ...
- pre calculous - use the properties of logarithms to write the expression as a ...
- math(Please help) - 1) use the properties of logarithms to simplify the ...
- Mathematics - Prove that log a, log ar, log ar^2 is an a.p. Is the following ...
- Algebra 2 logarithms - Use the properties of logarithms to evaluate the ...
- Logarithms - Hi, Can anyone tell me if the following are correct please:- If x...
- Logarithms - 1. Find the amount of time required for an investment to double at ...
- TRig WIth LoGs help1!! - i have problem i can't solve and the book is no help.. ...