Posted by Kinley on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 8:14pm.
I have to deliver a 6-8 minute speech using only one side of 3 notecards. I have been practicing but it just seems impossible. I get nervous and lose my place or I leave out important points. What should I do?
public speaking - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 8:25pm
First, you need to overlearn the basics of your speech.
What do you want to tell your audience?
Start with three new notecards. Write a main point on each one. Practice giving your speech with only this information. As you do this, you may find that you forget a couple of significant details. Write them on the cards.
The key, though, is to be thoroughly familiar with want you want your audience to know.
public speaking - bobpursley, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 8:28pm
Practice in front of friends. IF they are your friends, they will bear with it.
public speaking - PsyDAG, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:20am
Beside the excellent suggestions you have already received, this article might also help:
Definitely overlearn what you want to say. Overlearned material is retained even under conditions of stress, like giving a speech. To overlearn, you keep practicing until you really won't need to rely on your notecards.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- speech - Even when speaking, one must cross one's T's and dot one's i's. What ...
- public speaking - Demographics is important to know your: A. speech. B. topic. C...
- Public Speaking - I have to do an informative speech over a country that I've ...
- speeches - What should i do right after i mess up on a speech???/? Thank you for...
- college-public speaking - I am supposed to be writing an Introduction speech ...
- 12th grade - I have to write a evaluation on president Obamas speech on 1/27/10...
- Speech - Why is dialect important to effective public speaking?
- Public Speaking - Evaluating audience feedback to your speech presentation ...
- public speaking - I don't know if i can post what i have done so far but i ...
- English - 1. Do you have any experience in public speaking? 2. Do you have any ...