Posted by Sally on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 5:58pm.
how do you find prime factorization?
math - stephanie, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:03pm
how to calculate food you buy
math - Anonymous, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:04pm
math - Sally, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:05pm
how does that help me find prime factorization?
math - Amy, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 8:14pm
You reduce your number down to be only factors that are prime.
36 factors into 3 x 12. 3 is prime, but 12 is not, so you need to factor 12. 12 can break down into 3 x 4. 3 is prime, 4 isn't. 4 breaks down into 2 x 2. 2 is prime.
The prime factorization for 36 would be 2x2x3x3 or 2^2 x 3^2.
It would be easier to show as a factor tree, but I'm not sure I could type one out :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - I have the same question as Sally: What is the prime factorization of 225...
- math - what's the prime factorization of 293? what's the prime factorization of ...
- Math - A number is written with the following factorization: 22 X 3 X 54 X 8 X ...
- math(help) - please answer this one question because im clueless lol!!! A number...
- math last one help - sally drew a factor tree of a composite number and ended up...
- math - Which numbers between 40 and 49 have 2 and 3 in their prime factorization...
- math prime factorization - write the prime factorization of 15 using exponents.
- Math - 1. Use a factor tree to find the prim factorization of 96. Write the ...
- Math - 1. Is it possible for a composite number to have more than one prime ...
- Math - Plz help don't know how to do this question. Write number 68 as a product...