Posted by Sophie on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 5:26pm.
For 4x^2 - 4xy + y^2 = 4 find θ, the angle of rotation about the origin, to the nearest degree?
I got A, is this right?
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:44pm
I had -26.6 or 333.4 in a positive direction
tan 2θ = B/(A-C)
= -4/(4-1) = -4/3
2θ = -53.13
θ = -26.13
- Math - Sophie, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:49pm
oh, so it is C?
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:51pm
has to be
didn't you also get -26.6 degrees?
that is not given.
What angle is coterminal with -26.6 ?
It is 333.4 .
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:55pm
Here is a webpage that has your type of question
press "STEP" to go through the problem.
Notice they leave their angle as a negative.
- Math - Sophie, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 3:57pm
oohh yes i did! thanks!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trigonometry - Please show me the work so i understand 2. Find the reference ...
- Calculus please help ! - Find the coordinates of the center of the ellipse ...
- Pre-calculus HELP PLEASE ! - Find the coordinates of the center of the ellipse ...
- phys - Find every angle θ between 0 and 360° for which the ratio of sin ...
- Math - find the angle θ in the right triangle in the following problem. ...
- Trig - Use a calculator to find θ to the nearest tenth of a degree, if 0° &...
- math - Find a single matrix that defines a rotation of the plane through an ...
- Math - Find a single matrix that defines a rotation of the plane through an ...
- trig - Use a table of trigonometric values to find the angle θ in the right...
- Math - Find equations for a pair of lines M and N so R(sub n)compose R(sub m) is...