Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 10:49am.
Last night I posted this question:
The 1920's is associated with the development of many new freedoms; it was a time of restrictions as well. Examine the 18th amendment and prohibition in the 1920's. What was the reasoning and who were the key supporters behind a 'dry' United States?
Here's the answer that I got:
In 1919, the legislators of the States ratified the 18th amendment. During Prohibition, the invention, moving, import, export, and sale of alcoholic beverages were restricted or illegal. Prohibition was supposed to lower crime and corruption, reduce social problems, lower taxes needed to support prisons and poorhouses, and improve health and sanitation in America.
Is this OK?
history/lit - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 11:25am
This looks good, except that you didn't mention the key supporters of prohibition.
history/lit - mysterychicken, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 11:38am
All I found was that the legislators ratified the 18th amendment.
history/lit - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 11:42am
This site has more information about the supporters of Prohibition.
history/lit - mysterychicken, Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 11:43am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history/lit - The 1920's is associated with the development of many new freedoms...
- History - Which of the following was formally amended to the constitution a. ...
- U.S. History (Check)(REED) - 1. Why did Marcus Garvey call for African Americans...
- us history - how might the overall atmosphere of the 1920's have contributed to ...
- U.S. History (Check)(REED) - 1. Name 5 aspects of New Morality. A: 1. Glorified ...
- History - My question was pretaining to the culture of the 1920's. I need to the...
- US HISTORY - What other laws were passed during the prohibition era. (EXCLUDING ...
- U.S.History - i have a chart for rural and urban population in the U.S. my ...
- social science - 1) Which large European city declined significantly in ...
- english - Please check grammar correctint comma splice sentences and need to use...