Posted by heatherly on Monday, June 15, 2009 at 4:28pm.
Draw a picture of base-ten blocks and use the area interpretation
for multiplication to show 34 X 28 complete the calculation by using a paper-and-pencil
- math - Reiny, Monday, June 15, 2009 at 5:03pm
draw a rectangle 34 by 28
Along the length, mark off 10,10,10,4
and along the width mark off 10,10,8
fill in the grid using those marks
I see 6 10by 10 squares ---> 600
I240 see 2 rectangles 4 by 10 ---> 80
I see 3 rectangles 8 by 10 ---> 240
and finally I see a 4 by 8 rectangle --> 32
so 600 + 80 + 240 + 32 = 952
I hope you are learning this for the purpose of understanding multiplication, and are not actually using this method to multiply.
Answer this Question
- math - How do I draw Base Ten Blocks to show 420?
- Math - How do I draw Ten Base blocks to show the number 420?
- Arrays and an expanded algorithm - use the grid to draw a rectangle. Then ...
- Math - Draw Base Ten Blocks to show the number five hundred fifteen.
- elementary - Draw a picture Draw two ways to show 43 using place-value blocks.
- Math - Jason makes two pictures. Picture 1 is made with the help of a pencil ...
- math - hasan made a model for 437 using, 4 hundreds, 3 tens, and 7 ones. what ...
- geometry - Jason makes two pictures. Picture 1 is made with the help of a pencil...
- Math - Hasan made a model for 437 using 4 hundreds, 3 tenns, and 7 ones. What ...
- English expression - I have prepared sheets of blank A4 paper I'll distribute ...